ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jms manifold,bike TBs and K-tec TB kit.

has any body got any if the above mods? iv got a PH1 172 and getting bored of the power.

iv had lots of experience with bike carbs on 1.8 16v engines and would love to try out one of the above on the clio.

whos running what? whats the advantges and disadvantages of each?

anyone of info on the jms inlet manifold looks like a nice bit of kit frm the pics iv seen.

thakns,matt

Nissan 370Z
I asked and P1SSED of lots of people with similar questions...if funds allow go to tour de force for the throttle bodies...if not go for the JMS manifold!

I myself have just paid today for the JMS manifold!

Good luck

ITB BG 182
I have the new itb kit from ktec, my initial power run before mods was 153 but that could have been down to one or both of the O2 sensors being melted, itb's fitted with new sensors it came up 194 on ktec's rollers but had it RR'd recently and it came up 204. Had comments from the guy saying the line curves and fuel setting or some thing was running perfectly.
The responce from the car now is immense, it just goes and picks up really good aswell as the sound from the itbs is good.
I can say im very glad i had their kit done.

ITB BG 182
It also depends on where you live and how far you want to travel to either tuning company, Ktec through and through for me but i know there are some people on here with pitch forks that will pm you telling you where is best to go.

thanks, i live in leeds area so close to rs tuning AET turbos t name a coupleof good RRs.

i was inspired by russ_16v running tbs on oem ecu,and one of my ideas was to do bike TBs on a bogg brothers manifold (used them in past for carb manifolds) and use the oem ecu mapped by rs in leeds..but once its all been modified to work properly it will probly be close to jms cost of diy kit.

i have used the search but didnt come up with that much solid info cos its all over the place.

hope this doesnt spark arguments, just looking for facts and figuresfor each to weigh up what i should get.

Nissan 370Z
Alot of people will say bike bodies are alot of hassle...its an easy decision even though i annoyed lots of people over it...if you have £1300-£1800get the JMS if you have £2500 get the Tour De Force Throttle body set up.

ITB BG 182
And just remembered the Ktec kit is a drive in drive out package, so no leaving your car with anyone for a few days having to go back there to pick it up.

so whats with the tour de force kit? what ecu+bodies does it use? do they do a plug and play diy kit like k-tec?

budget wise i could stretch to k-tec but its deciding if its worth the extra money.

how well proven is the jms kit? has it been out long?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It also depends on where you live and how far you want to travel to either tuning company, Ktec through and through for me but i know there are some people on here with pitch forks that will pm you telling you where is best to go.

So your opinions valid, but others are bearing pitch forks? Jesus.

ITB BG 182
So your opinions valid, but others are bearing pitch forks? Jesus.
Yea for some one pm'ing me advising me to go to another certain tuner to get my car check out for the mapping as this person said it would be advisable. And also other people to pm me saying it would be better to go for a certain new manifold on the market and yet a completly differnt guy to tell me to wait a few weeks for another tuner to release their kit.
Yea not pitch forks.

ITB BG 182
Oh and btw my car runs perfectly not a single problem with it at all and only 2 lights on the dash are lit up.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
All i can say is give the pitch fork bearers the time they deserve and listen VERY closely to what they have to say.

I have spoken to one of them and they have some eye opening tales to tell.

The JMS kit is very impressive and well worth the money asked for it BUT there will inevitably be people who will never be satisfied and who will readily **** off a perfectly decent product.....no matter what gains the kit provides.

Thats the nature of the beast i guess. All people need to do is arm themselves with all the necessary information, look at the graphs, see the figures and most importantly EXPERIENCE the product FIRST HAND.
Too many armchair experts on here polluting opinions.

Last edited:
right, this is getting a bit confusing with all this pitch folk buisness. im new to clios and the forum and all i need is some good honest advice about whats on the market and whats worth spending my cash on.

im leaning towards the jms inlet manifold and remap but if ppl have heard that its not as great as its supposed to be can they please tell me so i dont go p!ssing 1300 dwn the drain.

matt

330i. E30 Touring.
All i can say is give the pitch fork bearers the time they deserve and listen VERY closely to what they have to say.

I have spoken to one of them and they have some eye opening tales to tell.

The JMS kit is very impressive and well worth the money asked for it BUT there will inevitably be people who will never be satisfied and who will readily **** off a perfectly decent product.....no matter what gains the kit provides.

Thats the nature of the beast i guess. All people need to do is arm themselves with all the necessary information, look at the graphs, see the figures and most importantly EXPERIENCE the product FIRST HAND.
Too many armchair experts on here polluting opinions.

This, this and f**king this.

Pay up and become a member - you will find a lot more information on all of the products you are considering in the traders section.:)

ITB BG 182
On a good note, i will say talk to Tom at JMS or anyone at JMS as they are very helpful.
Ollie82 i dont really agree with your post but its my opinion.

I would say listen to people but also experience it for yourself aswell, dont just follow suit like a few people on here that do, as Fred would say "blowing smoke up some ones arse".

Ive had one or two bad experiences with tuners on here but i dont go telling anyone secrectly to get some thing checked just in case. Ive let other people go out and find out for themselfs.

to the OP, sorry to jack your thread but im sure if you go to JMS they will look after you with regards to this manifold they have.

Last edited:
  Clio 172
I have the Ktec/Omex/Jenvey kit on my Ph 1 172 and its turned the car into a beast,Its far far more responsive now. I'm now running a map i bought from Andy at Ktec and the car made 210bhp on the RR the other month with comments from the mapper who did the RR that its running good with nice graphs all round, although still some room for improvement.

I got my kit off here in the classifieds for a lot less than new price so maybe thats an option for you if your patient.