ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS RS2 Carbon Inlet Manifold

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Going cheap at the moment, only 410 quid, lol

Never going to actually change hands for that though Im sure!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Schma Schme 1.6l
what are these actually like in reality? what gains are to be had from them? looks good like.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
what are these actually like in reality? what gains are to be had from them? looks good like.

Before and after graph from Surrey Rolling Road (ie totally independent and hence very easy to believe) but bare in mind that some of the gains are down to the remap and the better exhaust etc not just the RS2, it needs to be part of a package like that to work well, although you will see peak bhp gains even if you just fit it on its own and dont remap.

websiters2.jpg

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The line in the advert saying:
This combined with a stainless steel exhaust and a rikus automotive camshaft setting tool and re map will turn your 172/182 into an over 200bhp monster.

Hasnt been verified on any reliable UK rolling road that I am aware of currently, I suspect 200bhp would be a highly unusual case though TBH on standard cams even with modified timing.
Over 190 is pretty much the norm though for a healthy engine now that MWM remap them, and maybe 185 or so I guess from when they were done by RS Tuning, although again James is the best man to ask when back from holiday, as he has figures for almost all of them I think!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Before and after graph from Surrey Rolling Road (ie totally independent and hence very easy to believe) but bare in mind that some of the gains are down to the remap and the better exhaust etc not just the RS2, it needs to be part of a package like that to work well, although you will see peak bhp gains even if you just fit it on its own and dont remap.

websiters2.jpg

It'll be the remap that eliminates those flat spots rather than the RS2 I'm assuming?

Very impressive, mind.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It'll be the remap that eliminates those flat spots rather than the RS2 I'm assuming?

Very impressive, mind.

Remap helps in some points, but does very little at the top and and not much at the bottom either, in the midrange if anything a remap on a standard inlet can just about outperform an RS2 for a thousand or so rpm typically, at 5500rpm or so the standard inlet is pretty hard to beat with anything really, RS2 will just get past 150lbft at that point where as standard inlet can get past 160lbft (for a fairly short amount of rpm) which you will find hard to better even on bodies unless they are mega long, but everywhere else its poorly compromised really. So if you look at the peak torque figure in isolation (what a few people on here who I have seen slagging the Rs2 do), then the standard inlet actually looks better, but if you look at it over a few thousand rpm the rs2 (or bodies) wins hands down.

The difference to drive between just a remap and a remap after an rs2 is very noticeable IME

Best non RS2 car I have ever seen on standard cams is this one:
Clio172PowerGraph.jpg

Thats got a fairly wide spread of 2Krpm where it outperforms the RS2, although I suspect it would be more like 1K if the RS2 was fitted to that same engine as that one is so good, and even where it outperforms it, its not by much, but even that engine is nowhere near a match at the top or bottom of the graph and is a dozen bhp down on power compared to the one above with the RS2.
But it does show that there is that point in the middle where the standard inlet works well.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So the RS2 is a VTEC system? :cool:

No, it all sounds good to me. Just wish I could justify spending the money. I have other plans in mind first which is a shame.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So the RS2 is a VTEC system? :cool:

Lol, no but the F4R does have variable timing of sorts, although its pretty poorly implemented and only really for emissions!

No, it all sounds good to me. Just wish I could justify spending the money. I have other plans in mind first which is a shame.
I think the cost is hard to justify on a normal 172 unless you are very attached to it, its the sort of money that could see you swapped into a newer better car for example.

I can see why so many trophy owners go for it though, with a higher value car the 1800 or so it ends up costing is more justifiable.

-J-

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  RS2'ed 172 Cup
He has decent feedback, seems to have bought stuff from NWP before on eBay.

You are right though does not seem to be for sale on here.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I emailed the seller on Wednesday asking for pics of the RS2 he is selling (as the pics in the listing are lifted from James' thread) but haven't had a response yet.

Also you will need uprated engine mounts to fit this so take that into account if you're bidding.