ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Job Offer - asp.net

Renault meggy
Need a little advice on this job I have been offered. I've been offered a job at my old college maintaining their website.
Here is the email I get from them.

[FONT=&quot]"We have some irregular work (ie freelance rather than a position) to maintain the current website by making content rather than structural changes as and when things change (eg up-coming events, news items etc). I’ll email a little more detail when I have some more time, but our website is asp.net based and we are looking for[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]XHTML / CSS design changes. Sometimes we would be looking for a fairly rapid turn around (ie within 48 hours).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For connecting into our site from outside you would need to run OpenVPN. Once connected you would also need to run an RDP Remote Desktop session into our webserver. Are you ok with these two technologies?"[/FONT]

Anyone up on these technologies? Are they easy enough to use? Like I said I have some experience in creating websites ect... but I'm not to sure about this OpenVPN or asp.net.

Think I should accept it? I'm at University at the moment so it will really help to have the experience.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Err well do you have any XHTML/CSS experience? I can't tell you that :p

OpenVPN is easy

Tbh if you have to ask, you clearly aren't qualified enough.. sorry :p

Revels Mum & Sister
Cannot help with ASP as my knowledge of that is ropey.

As for the other two yes easy to setup and get a connection going as you are simply a client mate. They should be able to step you through and provide auth details to remote in

Renault meggy
Err well do you have any XHTML/CSS experience? I can't tell you that :p

OpenVPN is easy

Tbh if you have to ask, you clearly aren't qualified enough.. sorry :p

I have plently of CSS/XHTML exp. but it was the OpenVPN I was worried about.
I'll look it up.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
openvpn is just a program creating a tunnel from you to them, you wouldn't be using it to change the website itself, it's just for you to log into their webserver....

as for asp...have you coded php before? they're quite similar...although if you don't know what i'm on about i suggest you don't bother!

Renault meggy
Cannot help with ASP as my knowledge of that is ropey.

As for the other two yes easy to setup and get a connection going as you are simply a client mate. They should be able to step you through and provide auth details to remote in

Thanks mate. I'll get up to scratch on the subjects

cock mobile.
If you do not know about ASP.net then I wouldn't entertain taking the job, if they have half a clue they would get rid of you asap anyway.

Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Formally Clio 182
If your making content rather than structural changes then all you need to know is the XHTML and CSS.

I imagine they are using a ASP based content management system.

OpenVPN is probably something they can show you and you can learn very quickly how to use.