ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Josef Berez - Audi S1

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I never tire of watching this clip, the noise off this car is phenomenal the way it flies through gearchanges. They must have been mental to drive!

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sounds mental doesn't it, what a car. Me too, would kill to go in an old Group B rally car.

I'll have a watch of the clip of his old man too, thanks for that mate.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Some old boy brought an old S1 to York rally a few years back

Gave everyone a stiffy just from 5 pot noise. He just didn't dare drive it. Easily one of the best sounds to ever come from a car

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
This car, a Mazda 787b and a Ferrari FXX have to be the three best sounding cars ever made in my opinion.

Love this video. Understeer hell but so what when its sounds like that!

Ive watched this clip so many times, In fact I ripped the video just in case It got deleted or youtube were dicks.

I have a folder of a few videos that are too good to lose!

ytyjt.png

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
I don't think there was a bad sounding groub b car. I think a 6r4 would be my favourite.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Unbelievable arent they. Only 280hp and 1200kg as well.
They make all the torque. Official figures for the 208 is only 295lbft but I reckon it's probably more in the vein of the rest of the R5s making over 350lbft at 4000rpm then tailing it off to hold 280bhp right the way to redline. It's no wonder they f**k off on corner exit.

Quattros sound bloody lovely. I've often wanted to fab up a single exit exhaust with equal length headers feeding the turbo to make 'the noise' but it's not going to be the same.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Found this footage from last Saturday at Blyton. Thought I was doing well up against it until I realised It was on a warm up lap 🙄

Blimey, your car doesn’t look slow but the way that thing accelerates after the chicane near the end of the video... mad! I thought it was some rally x mental monster, but only 280bhp?

Blimey, your car doesn’t look slow but the way that thing accelerates after the chicane near the end of the video... mad! I thought it was some rally x mental monster, but only 280bhp?
Haha it was just warming its brakes and tyres when I was behind it. From 1:20 on the video it starts to push. Supposedly just 280hp. Its the 1200kg that gets me.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Haha it was just warming its brakes and tyres when I was behind it. From 1:20 on the video it starts to push. Supposedly just 280hp. Its the 1200kg that gets me.
It will be the minimum weight for the homologation for the R5 cars. They can strip it to be lower and corner weight it back up to the 1200kg so will be well balanced.