ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jumping out of 5th gear

clio 172
Hi all, first post and all that.
I was driving to work this morning and my 172 2001 jumped out of 5th gear, any idea's?
Cheers

Cupped 200
Yes, at first: Just try to go further and see if it happens again, if it does, you probably have a problem. It could be the "clutch sleeve" <- thats what my translation programm tells me... the part in the gearbox that holds the gear in. So if this is broken you have to get out and repair the gearbox! Probably its some lesser failure like Shiftstick mechanic loosened by loose screws or kinda that. But First: Just try it, perhaps the Gear just wasnt smashed in enough ;)

197 Clio Sport
I had this problem at one time on the motorway. Turned out that a nut that holds the selector fork had come loose in the gear box and could not either fully engage the gear or hold it in place. The dealership said the 5th gear was at the end of the box and removing the end cover could reach inside and tightened the nut without removing the gearbox. Apparently this is a problem with Laguna’s that use the same box. Not saying this is your problem but mine is a 172 2001 and that’s what fixed mine.

RB 182 Cup
did you go over a bump in the road well fast? mine pops out of gear sometimes when doing this. Do you have a short shifter aswell? mine did it more often when i put it on

clio 172
No didn't go over bump fast and its not got a short shifter so not sure mate, cheers for the suggestion though