ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jungle Jim's progress thread - mk2 ph2 non sport

1.2 Dynamique billabong
today i managed to get round to 'first fit' of the side skirts, drilling and screwing them in place, they will then be painted, rescrewed and glued on
skirts1.jpg

skirts2.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
The 'sideys' make a huge difference. They'll be great when they're on properly :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Thanks guys glad you like them i think they make a massive difference, stops the car being 'front heavy'

Whens the RS rear bumper going on?
i finished laquering it today so hopefully i will get it fitted tomorrow depending if the step dad nabs the car for the day

1.2 Dynamique billabong
update

today i started fixing the skirts on properly as they are now painted.
IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2726.jpg

also my bro had a quick blast in the car so i snapped some pics. needs a clean and the car PC'ing
182 rear bumper is now on, plus i have bought a mig welder to fabricate the 182 style tailpipes

panweb.jpg

pan2web.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
side skirts are now done
smiley1.gif

just got to order the rest of the tubing for the exhaust and then PC the car. i will PC the skirts, door strips and rear bumper as i havent done that yet. it makes a massive difference in bringing out the shine and giving a gloss finish to the laquer. Then i will go over the whole car again

1-18.jpg

2-18.jpg

Track 172 & Golf R32
that looks mint mate... thats similar sort of thing i wanna do but its just getting the money together realy.. i seem to be buying things in drips and drabs.

thats lookin nice mate.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i finished off the exhaust today and i have to say i am pretty pleased with it. it cost me about £40 to make, rather than £450 to get one made. i need to lower the right side abit but thats not an issue as i made adjustable brackets. one thing which is rubbish though is i took a chunk out the paint work on the rear bumper
smiley19.gif
i dropped the mig welder on it when putting it in the boot so i will have to repaint it

5-11.jpg

4-12.jpg

2-20.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i made it from scratch mate, i bought two tail pipes from here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stainless-Ste...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
, i cut them down to length. i cut circle discs out of sheet metal and welded them onto the ends, i used a hole saw and cut a 1 inch hole in the centre of the discs. i then used a piece of box tubing, which i capped each end (by welding a square of sheet metal on to it). then i drilled two 1inch holes into the box tubing and and welded the tailpipes to it so the holes lined up. i cut the curve part off the standard back box so it was straight and welded a pipe from that to the box tubing

1.2 Dynamique billabong
haha lol cheers buddy, it was the first time i had really done any welding too. i just practised a bit first. it was a bit tricky but turned out ok and it works properly without blowing

Last edited:
  1.2 Dynamique billabong
echeers guys :)

there isnt much to do on the exterior, i just need to finish PCing the car and finish off a few loose ends such as applying a bit more glue to one small section on one of the sideskirts. and also repainting part of the rear bumper where i took the paint off by dropping the mig welder on to it when loading it into the boot.

i picked up some 182 style stripes off ebay for £9 so i may give them a go to complete the 182 replica look. if they dont work then i will just take them off, i may just do the bonnet rather than the whole car. i will see

the next job will be to upgrade the audio, ive got a decent alpine HU now in the car but i want to change the speakers and fit a sub in the boot. i will probably make a simple flase floor like the one i help make with my bro for his saxo but without the window so the amp is hidden. it also stops the sub from moving about

boot1.jpg

Clio 1.2 Billabong
looking great :)

whats it like with 17's? handling and ride ok? i fancy a new set of wheels but dont know whether to go for 17's or 16's.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Looks great, but i would say no to the racing stripes mate, would ruin the car imo.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
looking great :)

whats it like with 17's? handling and ride ok? i fancy a new set of wheels but dont know whether to go for 17's or 16's.

the handling is fine mate i would probably recommend 16's though, its up to you, i only got the kei's as they were going cheap

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i tried out the 182 stripes this morning and also painted the shite chrome washer jets put on by the previous owner in the same paint as my wheels. (only after pic is the last one)

i am still undecided on the stripes so i only have put them on the bonnet, if i change my mind i can just pull them off, i thought i may as well give them a go seeing as i had bought them.

1-19.jpg

2-19.jpg

3-16.jpg

1-20.jpg

Cro

Meg'd r27
Im undecided about the stripes mate. Great job on the exhaust! is box tubing square?? looks like you could do with tilting the pipes down a bit or it'll be melted bumper time! Fantastic job though a homemade exhaust that rivals my own :rasp:

1.2 Dynamique billabong
cheers buddy, yeah the tubing is square so the ends of the tailpipe can be welded on to a flat surface rather than having to drill through the side of a cyclinder. its made like this, maybe not the best for performance but it works, its cheap and its a 1.2 so not really that the performance is ever amazing lol yeah i need to lower it abit but i made adjustable brackets so that isnt an issue, will do that later today

exhaust-4.jpg

yeah im still debating the stripes i thought i may aswell try them seeing as i had them i will leave them on there for a bit as see what i think.

mk4 golf gttdi180
if your up to coming to me ive got a round exhaust system that i had on my 1.2 its a cat back sounds pretty nice and would up your performance a tad i could weld it all in to place an cut an weld the bends with you if you fancy a trip.ill try and get you some pics if you want