ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jungle Jim's progress thread - mk2 ph2 non sport

Cro

Meg'd r27
cool, square is a bit out there lol start a new trend. Hows the flow? Are you getting gas ok out of both pipes or is it choosing a side

1.2 Dynamique billabong
flow isnt too bad it comes out of both pipes, slightly more out of the first one but that is to be expected as the gas will take the easier route out of the system and there isnt a divider

if your up to coming to me ive got a round exhaust system that i had on my 1.2 its a cat back sounds pretty nice and would up your performance a tad i could weld it all in to place an cut an weld the bends with you if you fancy a trip.ill try and get you some pics if you want

cool mate, do you mean redoing the whole exhaust or just replacing the standard cat back with a performance system and welding it to the bit i have made

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Nice work mate :cool: , very smart job on the replica 182 zorst ;) , See your in reading, you ever go to the braknell meet? I'm not a fan of the stripes, even on the racing blue 182's there not my cuppa tea, but each to there own.. Keep up the good work!

Clio Dynamique DCI (80)
This is looking fantastic! Suprising how much of a difference the skirts make, and good job on the exhaust too. I quite like the stripes myself.

Lee.

White APE
That looks awesome mate. I was thinking about stripes but wasnt sure so have come up with other ideas. But i do like the look of them on your car.

Can i just ask what paint/type you used on your reno diamon as i want to do mine black.

Cheers

182kev

Cracking little car and spot on work done by yourself :cool:

remember the saxo off sax-p :cool:

1.2 Dynamique billabong
That looks awesome mate. I was thinking about stripes but wasnt sure so have come up with other ideas. But i do like the look of them on your car.

Can i just ask what paint/type you used on your reno diamon as i want to do mine black.

Cheers

yeah mate it is ford graphite grey (metallic) they do them premixed in halfords

1.2 Dynamique billabong
today i jiggled with the exhaust to make it fit better, just as well i had made the brackets adjustable. its a lot better now as before the right tailpipe was too close to the bumper

before
IMG_2826.jpg

after
IMG_2828.jpg

and also painted the gay chrome washer jets put on by the previous owner the same colour as the wheels/badges

IMG_2833.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
How comes ur car has changed color in the bottom pic? lol :S

Car looks awesome mate!

But the 'sport' badge is letting it down.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
just different time of day plus the first one was when it was clean, now its all dirty.

yeah the sports badge was also put on by the previous owner i think he was a bit of a chav as he had fitted ripspeed treadplates on the doorsills too but i ripped them out as they looked shite. dont think the badge will come off though

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Mate, thats not dirt... the pic im talking about is the washer jet one, it has 2 white stripes on a black car :S

1.2 Dynamique billabong
lol must be photobucket messing up and inverting the pic, i see it as 2 black stripes on a silver car lol

...or just him looking at it differently lol

Stick a RENAULT badge above the sport one at least :rasp:

1.2 Dynamique billabong
its not photobucket lol its just the way you are looking at it lol the colour under the washer jet is the colour of the car (which is silver not white) and the stripes are black

Suzuki Ignis Sport
its not photobucket lol its just the way you are looking at it lol the colour under the washer jet is the colour of the car (which is silver not white) and the stripes are black

Ur right, lol, only just clocked that, that was sooooooooo confusing! lmao

great to see youve done pretty much all of it yourself, good on you!
wonder how much youve saved tht way!?

White APE
Cheers for that jim. Do you have a close up pic of the front of the car with the diamond in good view as im interested to see how the colour works.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Cheers for that jim. Do you have a close up pic of the front of the car with the diamond in good view as im interested to see how the colour works.
only pics i have are these old ones mate, can get you a better one if you need it tomorrow when the light is better

5-8.jpg

1-16.jpg

White APE
Yea that would be cool if you could. Almost looks black in those pics. Hope to do my badges on monday but am still undecided on colour.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah mate not a problem, it is a dark anthracite colour, in some light it looks black and others it looks much lighter, i deliberately chose that colour rather than pure black as black makes the tyres look grey.

cheers andy

1.2 Dynamique billabong
will be soon mate, just got round to doing the ICE, so will be making a false floor etc, unfortunately the sub i received was faulty so it has to go back

thinking getting myself a 182 front bumper but dont know how much its going to cost to get it sprayed. and i saw you adjusted it to fit with the original wings? you think im better off just spending money on new wings as well? thanks mate, car looks amazing btw!

Evo 6, E92 320d
thinking getting myself a 182 front bumper but dont know how much its going to cost to get it sprayed. and i saw you adjusted it to fit with the original wings? you think im better off just spending money on new wings as well? thanks mate, car looks amazing btw!

You are looking at £100+ for a bumper to be sprayed, or do like me and do it yourself.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
its up to you mate, fitting the wings is easier but then you will have more parts to paint and you will have to get official side skirts which are more expensive. the body shop i enquired about also said if you do the wings you would have to paint the bonnet to blend it in.

i painted mine myself

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Little update

Recently i have started on the audio, i have finally got round to fitting my ipod cable, my alpine headunit is a direct speed ipod unit so you search for the tracks on your ipod through your headunit, it also charges it.

7-9.jpg

10-4.jpg

i have also fitted some pioneer front components, i got a free upgrade from some £60 ones to some £80 2008 model ones :)
i fitted the tweeters in the doorcards and hid the crossovers behind the doorcard

11-4.jpg

8-6.jpg

6-10.jpg

i also finally managed to source a passenger side fog light bulb holder after the garage the lowered my car nabbed mine, didnt notice until i changed the bumper, so they are now working again

9-7.jpg

SchwepTek™
Very very impressed bud!

i've said it before but i'll say it again.....you have done wonders with my wheels. And everything else for that matter!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
cheers schweppy :)

i put the tweeters there as the are too big to fit under the original tweeter grill and it would involve taking half the dash apart and running a lot more cable, was easier this way and still sounds great

Clio
You're car is looking extremely good!! well done! im going to do the same as you with the standard wings as I have had a 182 bumper for a bit and was waiting to find 182 wings and skirts.. but doesnt seem much point with the result you have achieved! looks great!

Do you mind me askin for a bit more info on how u custom fitted the front bumper? like what fibre glass did you use and how did you project the paint on your wings? sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure I do as good a job as you have done! also when you painted the bumper yourself did you use spray cans or do you have a compressor?

Thanks! :)

White Sti Hatch
Looks really good mate, what have you done with the standard tweeters just left them ? also have you just use the standard speakers whire or ran new lots to the head unit ?