ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just backbox on 197?

Nimbus Clio 197
Hi guys. I have been looking around at different exhaust options for my 197. It currently has the standard system on with a decat. Has anyone got just an aftermarket backbox on rather than a catback? I don't wan't it to be too much louder, just a little more beef to it, and wondered if that might be a decent compromise. Cheer

Nimbus Clio 197
Yeah it's fine mate, it was on when I got it and I haven't noticed any of these flat spots that people seem to mention.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
What about removing the centrebox?

Problem with replacing the cat-back section is you might end up with something too loud and droning.

Nimbus Clio 197
I'm just thinking of having smaller backbox(s) as the one on the 197 is absolutely huge. Rather leave the middle silencer on really as I've heard the ones where it's been removed and it just sounds a bit tinny and raspy for me.