ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been hit by uninsured driver :-(

182FF
Gutted, had the car just over a month after trading in my 172 cup for a MCS and regretting it :-/
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339089455.566714.jpg
Anyone got a front bumper/ driverside wing :-/

182FF
Get the c***s done for not having insurance!

Have two witnesses, she came flying up the road and it was wet, Yes i was hanging out the junction but thats because you cant see out otherwise and i was stationary when hit :-( Police seezed her car, shes got fines 6 points etc. It happened about an hour ago heads all over the place lol my luck!

Octavia VRS LE
I think I read somehwere that the insurers put money aside for this type of thing? I maybe wrong but worth ringing your insurers and seeing what they say?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think I read somehwere that the insurers put money aside for this type of thing? I maybe wrong but worth ringing your insurers and seeing what they say?

You still get money, just it comes out as a claim from your insurance.

Octavia VRS LE
there really should be a law that if you get hit by an uninsured driver then they should be made to pay for damages. Gutted for you mate all she got was 6 points and a fine? The justice system in this country is appalling.

182FF
No she asked me if i had insurance flol! and started saying it was my fault so i just rang the police! Im third party i got the car cheap so was not really bothered never had an accident before. Makes me wonder why i pay for my insurance :-/

182FF
Anyone know the best place to get hold of a front bumper wing and undertray? Would be great help.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
thats terrible man!! real shame, you could try to get the car fixed and take her to small claims court over the money, but i have no idea if it would be even financially worth it!! :(

182FF
Gong to try every route possibly to get as much money from her as possible, No win no fee and all that s**t!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I hope there good witnesses cos sorry to say its not straight cut.

If as I read it she's on the main road and you've pulled out into this road. Even if stationary at time impact it could be argued you failed to give way.

Speed and lack of insurance have nothing to do with the liability of the accident.

I hope it doesn't come to this but be warned going to every no win or credit hire may not be the best bet

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
When I ditched my car when oncoming vehicle barged me off road (no he didn't stop) I had to do it on a budget, bought bits off eBay new and second hand and got small local sprayer to do them for me and fitted them myself.
Still cost a small fortune I'm afraid to say, bumper, fog and head light including spraying think it was about £300 ish

182FF
I did give way, i was about half a metre over the line so i could see down the road (pic attached) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339102520.833380.jpg
She bad more than enough room to get passed me. If she was doing 30 then this would not have happened. My bet is she was on her phone at the time aswel :-(

inferno 182.
i shouldnt get involved really but!
small claims court? you could if you want to prove a point!
claim of your own insurance you could but maybe a total loss and get a pay out and your insurance will go up!
buy some second hand parts stick them on and thats life!

sorry mate i would be gutted aswell and feel for you as i get these all the time at our bodyshop and its not right i agree!
law sucks and insurance sucks!

182FF
Yes the ph1 was parked on double yellows, i wasnt even sticking out further than that tho :-/ still quite confused as to how she hit me....

there really should be a law that if you get hit by an uninsured driver then they should be made to pay for damages. Gutted for you mate all she got was 6 points and a fine? The justice system in this country is appalling.

What happens when they can't pay?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
M.I.B - Motor insurers beurea. Last time I knew they want £350 excess. Might as well just pay the damage yourself and bill the b**ch.

In insurance eyes, you failed to heed the presence of the vehicle on the major road when proceeding from a minor road. Whether she is insured or not,.......... you will take it up the hoop, 50/50 at best

My view....... contact her, offer her best cash price for your parts

182FF
She was proper pikey as in scum if the earth, she has no money..... driving it about 30 miles to farther in laws garage in london tommorow with no front bumper JOY...

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Search for Clio spares on here (renparts now I think), very helpful and great service. They sorted me a wing straight out when my old one was scuffed.

I wouldn't try to sue her/take her to court, you said yourself she probably has little/no money. So all that will happen is you'll end up dragging the process out and probably not get anything from it.

I feel for you, I really do, but best thing you can do now is move on and get your car fixed up as best as possible.

She will have her car turned into a cube, as I very much doubt she will pay to have it released. I thought driving uninsured was an instant ban btw, you said she will be getting 6 points?!

As has been said though, with regards to the liability of the crash, I would actually say it was 50/50 at best, because you were supposed to give way, if you could see or not is irrelevant.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Way I read it was she's already got 6 points and fines. She won't have been given that within a few minutes of being stopped.

172cup
sorry to hear about the accident but it was your choice to get third party cover..
If insurance wasn't such a rip off then im sure he would we pay more in this country then any other and there's fast car's and young people all over the world I'm 33 with 9 years no claim's and never claimed and own sporty car like a rs turbo for 6 years don't get me started on rip off insurane buddy