ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been looking at a Clio F1 Team R27 in black.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
As above at inchcape Renault Southampton.

It looks great in black imo, i really like the look of the new Recaro bucket seats. :) I say they looked great, as i didn't get to sit in the car due to in being locked.

So i asked the salesman if he would open it, and to cut a long story short he said no unless your serious about purchasing it :S :S due to it being the only black R27 in the U.K, god knows what that has to do with it. As if anyone is going to buy a 18K car without even sitting in it let alone taking it out for a long test drive. As you can imagine i left shortly afterwards.

When are Renault going to sort out there customer services? thats the second delearship that has failed to impress me.:(

LY V6 with Recaros
I know what you mean, I had the same problem when trying to get a test drive in the R26. No dealers seemed to want to let anyone drive it, and I'm not buying a car of that price without driving one first!

How the hell do they expect to sell these things ??

Like anyone would pay for a car without driving it first.

Getting as bad as trade sales ffs, I mean whos seriously going to buy a car without driving it! lol

This was the reaction I got when I first enquired about the r26 when it launched, funnily enough that was inchape as well. Told me there wont be a demo and you will simply buy or not buy lol.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yep they are complete muppets :dapprove:

Deb i had the same problem when i had a look at a Meagne R26 a while back, they didn't have one as a demo car so wouldn't let anyone take it out unless they put a deposit down. At least Martins Renault let me sit in it;) lol.

LY V6 with Recaros
Yep Fletch, I was allowed a sit in one, but not a drive as it was the only one they had :( Silly thing is, I was actually serious about getting one at the time, but I gave up on the idea as it was so much hard work locating one that I could drive!

Yep Fletch, I was allowed a sit in one, but not a drive as it was the only one they had :( Silly thing is, I was actually serious about getting one at the time, but I gave up on the idea as it was so much hard work locating one that I could drive!

If in doubt, Renault West London on the A40. Its head office and the biggest car dealer you've ever seen. Its also a mecca for all good Renault test drives, although flip side of the coin is it has shite test roads lol. I drove the original megane f1 from there and was sitting in traffic mainly!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
They seriously wouldn't let you sit in it???!

Funnily enough i've just popped into SMC Renault in Guildford to talk cambelt prices with a couple of the sales guys who are mates of mine and they have a Black R27 in the showroom as well.
I was sat in it, opening the bonnet, the lot. Every single car in there is open to sit in so it sounds like Inchcape in Soton is run by complete monkeys!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
They seriously wouldn't let you sit in it???!

Funnily enough i've just popped into SMC Renault in Guildford to talk cambelt prices with a couple of the sales guys who are mates of mine and they have a Black R27 in the showroom as well.
I was sat in it, opening the bonnet, the lot. Every single car in there is open to sit in so it sounds like Inchcape in Soton is run by complete monkeys!

Well yes, but i reckon he would have opened it up if i kept on asking, but why should i? at the end of the day i'm the customer who is willing to pay around 18k?

I've been to SMC in Guilford before, when the clio trophy came out and they did seem much more helpfull then my nearest Renault dealership.

LY V6 with Recaros

If in doubt, Renault West London on the A40. Its head office and the biggest car dealer you've ever seen. Its also a mecca for all good Renault test drives, although flip side of the coin is it has s**te test roads lol. I drove the original megane f1 from there and was sitting in traffic mainly!

Yeah I did go there actually to look at a vee. I see the R26, but kinda gave up on the idea by then. Plus didn't fancy driving in London lol!

Punto Evo Abarth
one sales assistant wouldn't let my mate test drive a 182, the funny part was when he turned around and said something like,
"I've sold more 182's to people who havn't drove them!!!"

what a tit.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
The problem with Renault is that they have NO CLUE how to deal with the Sport range whatsoever...be it sales, service, the lot.

Its almost like there is a breakdown in communication between Renault and Renaultsport.

Working at Lotus i know that 80% of the cars appeal is in the drive, which is why the Test Drive is the main selling point.
Renault seem to think that the customers looking to buy a Sport are just like every other Rupert and Mildred out shopping for a Scenic to cart the kids about.....we want to DRIVE the car and experience the product we are investing our hard earned into.

Renaultsport should be independent of Renault and sell and service the cars seperately from the main dealers.

The problem with Renault is that they have NO CLUE how to deal with the Sport range whatsoever...be it sales, service, the lot.

Its almost like there is a breakdown in communication between Renault and Renaultsport.

Working at Lotus i know that 80% of the cars appeal is in the drive, which is why the Test Drive is the main selling point.
Renault seem to think that the customers looking to buy a Sport are just like every other Rupert and Mildred out shopping for a Scenic to cart the kids about.....we want to DRIVE the car and experience the product we are investing our hard earned into.

Renaultsport should be independent of Renault and sell and service the cars seperately from the main dealers.

Fantastic Idea, Renaultsport dealerships!!! you should send that in to head office! Doubt they'll listen though :(

Certainly make life easier

So i asked the salesman if he would open it, and to cut a long story short he said no unless your serious about purchasing it...(

LMFAO. These pricks really do think the R26 & R27 are so amazing that you'll just order one without ever having touched one!

Fantastic Idea, Renaultsport dealerships!!! you should send that in to head office! Doubt they'll listen though :(

Certainly make life easier

Not exactly a new idea TBH. I've been saying it for 'years' but you're right. It will never happen.

182FF c/w Recaros
Reading the orginal post, that's one of the main reasons why I don't go for many (or should that be any) test drives.

Shocking behaviour.

Ad

MK2 FRS

absolutley spot on mate.

There was a time in the early days, when only larger dealerships could sell renaultsports.

172 Cup
What you guys are daft, it says F1 on the front so thats bound to sell the car even without test drives :rolleyes:

Ultra Blue R26

If in doubt, Renault West London on the A40. Its head office and the biggest car dealer you've ever seen. Its also a mecca for all good Renault test drives, although flip side of the coin is it has s**te test roads lol. I drove the original megane f1 from there and was sitting in traffic mainly!

I WAS going to test drive their R26 this afternoon, but they sold it this morning :mad:

Anyway Masters in Shirley (near Croydon) were very accomodating! :D And they are a very small dealership.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
I didnt think the people at inchcape were that bad when i went there.
I was just going to look at clios to get an idea and the manager came over and started chatting to me about them and even let me sit in his own 197 that was out the back!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
duncx was you at wilsons in epson on friday

I'll answer this for him being as he is downstairs waiting for the Grand Prix to start.

We were both at Wilsons on Friday. I went to pick up a couple of coils for my Clio, and then we had a look around to see what cars they had we could test drive.

Did you spot his Coupe then?

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Yep they are complete muppets :dapprove:

Deb i had the same problem when i had a look at a Meagne R26 a while back, they didn't have one as a demo car so wouldn't let anyone take it out unless they put a deposit down. At least Martins Renault let me sit in it;) lol.

We had a similar problem with Wilsons in Epsom years ago when we wanted to test drive the new (as it was then) Renault 19. The Sales guy told us we couldn't test drive it unless we promised to buy it. We were allowed to look around the outsdie of it, but that was all.

At Wilsons ~Groans~ on Firday the Sales guy said they didn't have the 1.6 Dynamique S for me to test drive, but reckoned he could order me one. I obviously told him I had no intentions of buying one without test driving the darn thing! Dunc did find one there and I test drove it on Saturday morning. It was a really short test drive, but enough to let me know I definitely didn't like it.

We went to 'Masters' in Shirley to test drive the R26 yesterday afternoon. They were incredibly friendly and even went as far as getting the R26 out of the showroom so we could test drive it. The Sales guy that came out with us asked us if we wanted a long or short test drive. We of course chose the long one and he took us down some pretty decent roads. Dunc and I came to the conclusion that as they are only small and don't have that many cars there, you get a more personal friendly service. We really couldn't fault them at all.

^^^How did it compare to your 182 cup?

It's a different kettle of fish - Sure my 182 felt quicker, but it's lighter, got 18,500 miles on the clock and has an after market exhaust and decat fitted.

In terms of handling definitely on a par with the 182, probably better but to be honest I wasn't going to push a car that had 12 miles on the clock and a car which isn't a demonstrator (was a showroom car). Renault have sorted the lack of feedback through the steering, compared to the standard 197 (although it's still very light at low speeds) and with the new suspension set up the car felt a lot more planted on the road.

Build quality 10x better, felt a really solid car and those recaros were great.

Only thing is the price - I got the dealer down 800 quid, but I wasn't really trying. I'd pay 16k with a few options - but no more.

RS Clio 200
I drive past Masters all the time Dunc, they hada nice yellow 182 a while back.

wont be long before renault dump their "F1 Inspired" range given how the f1 teams are performing

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
^^^How did it compare to your 182 cup?

It's a different kettle of fish - Sure my 182 felt quicker, but it's lighter, got 18,500 miles on the clock and has an after market exhaust and decat fitted.

In terms of handling definitely on a par with the 182, probably better but to be honest I wasn't going to push a car that had 12 miles on the clock and a car which isn't a demonstrator (was a showroom car). Renault have sorted the lack of feedback through the steering, compared to the standard 197 (although it's still very light at low speeds) and with the new suspension set up the car felt a lot more planted on the road.

Build quality 10x better, felt a really solid car and those recaros were great.

Only thing is the price - I got the dealer down 800 quid, but I wasn't really trying. I'd pay 16k with a few options - but no more.

Cheers good little review.

Nick R i'm not saying all of the salesmen are muppets, just the one that served me was.