ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been to crail! Amazing!

BMW 330d :)

Ive just come back from crail and had a shot on the 1/4mile. What sort of times should you be able to get with a completely standard 172 cup?

Just want to see if I did any good before I tell you my time!

Fraser

at a decent 1/4 mile liek santa pod or avon park about 15.1-15.9 although i have seen them do about 16.4 lol

BUT like i said crail is a dodgy place to test so could be anything from there, if its stupidly fast dont be too proud

Well i started in the 16s.... But that was with missing a gear and setting my tyres on fire at the start line!

Got steadily faster and faster!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Well as long as you compare it to other crail times..you get a good idea how quick yours is... fastest stnd cup @ crail is MAC30L I think 14.65.

Neils gets 14.1 i believe but his is modded!

I believe at pod that would be around 14.5;) Only kiddin neil keep your hat on;)

I got a 15.1 at 95 mph! I was wanting 14s but i was also wanting to take my car home in one piece! A guys engine blew that I was racing! DOH!

tiTTy & SV650

Fraser there was loads of us there! U were spotted on the strip! Was very hot, that wont help your times much.

Yeah it was roasting. I saw one other cup but that was it. A mate from work took me up the strip in a dark coloured soarer with gold wheels. It was "slightly" faster than mine!;)

What times did everyone else get? And what mods have been done?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

U had no chance in this heat! Macs run 14.4s i belive and a 14.7 with me in the car,

If anything crails uphill, and 9-10 the wind is blowing in ur face. Equipment...Well...i dont know.

Ill have pics up tonight - deffo got ones of your.. Plus I think Ive got a video of your Cup against a 106 GTI, Fraser! If I can figure out how to host it Ill stick it up.

Crails not downhill when what I can see from looking. And as AJR says, theres always a headwind.

Fastest yesterday was a modded Imprezza - 10.20s. Absolutely scorched away from the line each time. Was faster than all the bikes, including the one with NOS (10.25s). A Pulsar was running high 10s too.

The fastest I ran at Crail was 14.6 at 96mph when my car was standard and 3k milies on the clock. About 6months later I put the magnex and Eibachs on, ran a couple of runs when it was a wee bit damp and traction was not the best. Couldnt get below 14.8 at 97mph. I have never sripped the car for racing either - it has enough bloody rattles never mind making them worse by taking things appart!

How anybody can say we get quicker times at Crail than anywhere else is silly. Chris n nics Cup has almost exactly the same mods as Neil82Cup and guess what? They run almost exactly the same times at different venues.

Anyway, my new toy runs in the 10s so you slow Cup boys can fight between yourselves ;)

Sorry, I did say was leaving the forum, but I couldnt resist my 2ps worth folks.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Mac, take it the bikes strictly for getting to fires quickly, guessing you wont be takin alot of water on board! lol...Mind ursel tho!