ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a 182 - What NOW?

Just bought a 182 was wondering what kind of mods small or big you can do to the car to make it just that bit better.
Post any pics or threads of what you have done

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
My 172 is getting cosmetic mods only - easily reversable, and pretty cheap.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Leave it standard pretty much, just get a new exhaust (only cos standard fall of) and air filter.

tiTTy & SV650
ITG panel filter, coilovers (since koni shocks for 182 dont exist yet) exhaust, decat and re-map.

Or if you're rich and know you won't get bored after 1 year and want to change again start spunking thousands on the engine.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
ive got an itg panel filter and a cat back jan speed but i recon a wee remap n ill be happy!! n maybe get it lowered!!

Itg panel filter, inlet's matched,remap, look's standard , sound's standard!

Replace the exhaust when the standard one's knackard!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Eibach springs and a set of new standard shocks, itg filter, matched inlet, new exhaust when standard drops off and braided lines would do nicely :)

182 Cup, (2nd one)
if you mod the car, keep the original parts so you can change back if you want to sell.

what do you want to use the car for driving on the road or track day use?

If its just for the road i'd change the exhaust/cat and have an closed cold feed induction kit (i.e. viper), mount the intake in the fog light or the front grill to create a ram air effect for the inlet manifold.

Maz

LY 200
Had a viper on mine with a CAF through the front grill and it caused too much warm air which caused the car to be very unresponsive.

182 Cup, (2nd one)
Had a viper on mine with a CAF through the front grill and it caused too much warm air which caused the car to be very unresponsive.

I route mine through the bulk head, down via the front wheel arch liner and out throught the small grill underneath the number plate. This Provides the coldest air with positive pressure as it is not drawn from the engine bay.
The performance is noticeably improved.
How was yours fitted Maz?

182 Cup, (2nd one)
^ exactly the same ..
Thats strange, :S
Can you explain how cold dense air forced into the inlet manifold can cause the car to be unresponsive as hot air causes power loss in normally aspirated cars.

Maz

LY 200
No cause I am not mechanically minded, all I know was it made my car feel like crap (especially in the summer), took it off and its fine now.

Maybe all down to personal opinion/preferance etc.

I would not advise anyone to buy a viper, I would rather set fire to £250 lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Best thing to do if your gonna modify anything or colour code anything is get a spare set , then you can always revert back to standard when it comes time to sell imo .

182 Cup, (2nd one)
No cause I am not mechanically minded, all I know was it made my car feel like crap, took it off and its fine now.

Trust me, a properly fitted viper and sports exhaust/cat will liberate the 182 engine and make the car noticeably quicker in a straight line than a std 182 cup. I should know i have had two of the buggers and modified them both LOL.

It's a shame you did not have the same positive experience :dapprove:

Maz

LY 200
No cause I am not mechanically minded, all I know was it made my car feel like crap, took it off and its fine now.

Trust me, a properly fitted viper and sports exhaust/cat will liberate the 182 engine and make the car noticeably quicker in a straight line than a std 182 cup. I should know i have had two of the buggers and modified them both LOL.

It's a shame you did not have the same positive experience :dapprove:

Ok we will have to agree to disagree .. like I said each to their own.

Maz

LY 200
Indeed, thas why my advice would always be to keep the car standard, you learn from experience I guess.

182 Cup, (2nd one)
Indeed, thas why my advice would always be to keep the car standard, you learn from experience I guess.

i guess i haven't, seeing i am on my second 182 cup with mods LOL

Last edited:

Maz

LY 200
Oh Matt grow up .. its a discussion not an argument lol

Ok I will rephrase my last comment "I have learnt from my experience" ..

that better ;)

R35 GTR

I agree with you Maz, not going to modify this car much. Apart from decent discs and pads. Maybe a new exhaust as the blueflame one is crap.