ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a beauty of a Clio 182 but have a concern

Clio 182
I have just purchased another Clio 182 and it’s a minter inside and out in black and gold
The only thing that is concerning me is the mot sheet for last year would you think this is bad enough to get out of the deal or should I just keep an eye on it, it’s been perfect every year before hand
Any input is much appreciated!

Attachments

• 199547AB-304D-42C0-BA02-779B9A7B638F.png
    199547AB-304D-42C0-BA02-779B9A7B638F.png
    402.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 1E03F97B-AE0A-4796-8543-E81F085C0342.png
    1E03F97B-AE0A-4796-8543-E81F085C0342.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 231

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like front jacking points are bent and rusty, like on 99% Clio’s, but hard to tell without photos….but the very fact it’s only noted as an adversary on an 18 year old car would suggest to me it’s not too bad. What does the damage look like?

Clio 182
Sounds like front jacking points are bent and rusty, like on 99% Clio’s, but hard to tell without photos….but the very fact it’s only noted as an adversary on an 18 year old car would suggest to me it’s not too bad. What does the damage look like?
I’m buying online and it’s being delivered so I’ve not seen it in person. it’s not the end of the world I was just seeing what it might be. The garage say it looks better than a lot of 182s they’ve had in

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Grab some pictures of the sills and put them up on here once you get the car. Very common for them to be bent a bit at the front jacking points, can usually be straightened out, bit of rust correction and painted quite easily.

Clio 182
Grab some pictures of the sills and put them up on here once you get the car. Very common for them to be bent a bit at the front jacking points, can usually be straightened out, bit of rust correction and painted quite easily.
Sounds like it to me as it’s both sides I will do when it arrives, it’s being tested again before goes out to me anyway!
Thanks

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I would be looking at that before you buy, bodywork/welding to a good standard aint cheap

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It sounds like it's the jacking points that's rusty. Where is the car? Maybe someone on here is near and can have a quick look for you.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Presumably you can send it back if you're unhappy? Also if the car's decatted how are they MOTing it? More of a rhetorical question, I'd also be concerned if those MOT advisories disappear on the MOT the selling dealer does themselves.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I’d be extra cautious if the garage are MOT’ing it themselves- check out the recent Audi RS6 thread regarding rust.

Clio 182
Presumably you can send it back if you're unhappy? Also if the car's decatted how are they MOTing it? More of a rhetorical question, I'd also be concerned if those MOT advisories disappear on the MOT the selling dealer does themselves.
Well I did nearlly pull out but I’m £300 in as a partial payment which they’ve said is not refundable so gotta go with it regardless for now

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
It’s from a garage so if it’s rotten it will be getting repaired or going back
More hassle sending it back tbh than viewing it before buying. Save yourself the misery and view any 2nd hand car before buying.

Clio 182
0A1B1F91-2BEC-4762-ADB0-566F65EC566F.png

Attachments

• 43E31E2B-5292-42B3-8EF3-E17CE628DC95.png
    43E31E2B-5292-42B3-8EF3-E17CE628DC95.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
  • C2FBF1AF-F93C-4EF2-8034-6BFE65FEC542.png
    C2FBF1AF-F93C-4EF2-8034-6BFE65FEC542.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 79
  • ABEA8DF1-743C-4487-895F-45FCC6F24664.png
    ABEA8DF1-743C-4487-895F-45FCC6F24664.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 69

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Not the greatest photos, I'd want to see the inside of the front sills from under the car, if that makes sense, at the least.
Also is it just the angle or is this caved in?
1655568372731.png

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure a lot of Clio's are much worse than that jacking point wise, mine are definitely not perfect, just not something I'd be best pleased with on a car that's up for £6,500.
Repairable I'm sure, cost wise I can't help though.

Clio 182
I'm sure a lot of Clio's are much worse than that jacking point wise, mine are definitely not perfect, just not something I'd be best pleased with on a car that's up for £6,500.
Repairable I'm sure, cost wise I can't help though.
It’s a car I plan to never get rid of as it’s the only car I truly enjoy driving. Regretted selling my old 182 so much.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
It’s a car I plan to never get rid of as it’s the only car I truly enjoy driving. Regretted selling my old 182 so much.
It does look decent to be fair, I'm sure if you decided against this one you'd only find another one with it's own niggles. What's your plan for future MOTs considering it's decatted, or do you know a friendly MOT tester?

Clio 182
It does look decent to be fair, I'm sure if you decided against this one you'd only find another one with it's own niggles. What's your plan for future MOTs considering it's decatted, or do you know a friendly MOT tester?
I plan on putting the cat back on which comes with the car but as for condition it does look good it’s also the colour and wheel combo I want :)

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
To be honest, I’d be asking how the hell they are getting a legitimate MOT weigh a decat as the comment above. Also if they are asking £6.5k (did I read that right) I’d be expecting them to be at least putting some effort in to give you a good underside walk around…it’s not big money, but it’s a lot for a Clio 182. So I’d expect the dealer to make an effort to sell by pacifying you. What warranty is it coming with?

Clio 182
To be honest, I’d be asking how the hell they are getting a legitimate MOT weigh a decat as the comment above. Also if they are asking £6.5k (did I read that right) I’d be expecting them to be at least putting some effort in to give you a good underside walk around…it’s not big money, but it’s a lot for a Clio 182. So I’d expect the dealer to make an effort to sell by pacifying you. What warranty is it coming with?
They are next week taking some more pics underneath, Can’t really find anything better for much less to be honest this looks a clean example to me

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
This is madness. Devon to Newcastle is nothing. I wouldn’t buy a second hand car at this price and age without viewing. I’ve travelled the length of the country to see cars at less than 5 grand

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
They are next week taking some more pics underneath, Can’t really find anything better for much less to be honest this looks a clean example to me
That’s great, I wouldn’t do anything else until I’d seen them and like I said, I’d still want to know why a professional dealer is supplying a vehicle with an illegal MOT…

Clio 182
That’s great, I wouldn’t do anything else until I’d seen them and like I said, I’d still want to know why a professional dealer is supplying a vehicle with an illegal MOT…
BTW have you just seen the BG with 88k linked here for sale. Looks great value that to me.
I’m kind of committed to this one as I’ve put down a part payment wich is apparently non refundable

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I’m kind of committed to this one as I’ve put down a part payment wich is apparently non refundable
It’s not non refundable. You can tell them you’ve changed your mind. It’s part of the distance selling stuff. I’m sorry to say it but you haven’t bought a ‘beauty’ of a 182. You haven’t even seen it. Just because it’s priced highly doesn’t mean it’s any good. Pull out now and get your money back

Clio 182
It’s not non refundable. You can tell them you’ve changed your mind. It’s part of the distance selling stuff. I’m sorry to say it but you haven’t bought a ‘beauty’ of a 182. You haven’t even seen it. Just because it’s priced highly doesn’t mean it’s any good. Pull out now and get your money back
He’s told me that as it’s not a deposit it’s a “part purchase” that I would have to buy it or transfer it to a different car he has for sale

Clio 182
So you’ve already asked for a refund?
I did as my car is taking longer than expected to sell I said to them I have decided to keep my car until the market picks up again. but they said it doesn’t work like that and that I have put a part payment down which can only be used to buy the Clio or what ever els he’s got