ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just bought a clio 172 on ebay

Hi all just bought a clio ph1 172 on ebay

in black.. 2001 with 58k on the clock

one thing i'am gutted about is i shoved a bid in and won the car without asking did it have any service history

just phoned the seller up and it has all the paper work and recipts and preivous mot but stamps in the SERVICE BOOK!!! is this a bad thing

is there anything else i should check before i hand over the cash

bit pissed off that the clio needs two tyres before i can drive it away....

arse!!!

zakk

BMW F21 125d
Theres nothing else you can check, Ebay is a binding auction site, now that you have won, you pretty much have to pay!!!

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Theres nothing else you can check, Ebay is a binding auction site, now that you have won, you pretty much have to pay!!!

Rubbish. If he doesn't want to pay he can pretty much dissapear from the site. Won't be able to use it again mind.

Anyway, with that sort of miles I'm sure it's ok. If he's the sort of person that keeps receipts, I'm even more sure it'll be fine. Pay and do a quick HPI check before you pick it up.

Also, did it mention anything about needing 2 new tyres in the sale? If not, that's your ticket out if you're having second thoughts.

i shoved a bid in For £3400 and won..someone else bid to £3300 it has a clean HPI check already done and a copy is available to me

With no recorded accidents or finance on the clio

the car has had two previous owners...

and all previous mot certificates are present....

i realy wanted a black ph1 because i owned a silver ph1 172 when they first came out..

the only thing thats making me think twice is the tyres... the trader said both front tyres are below legal limit

how would someone drive around like that in the first place

i have bought car from EBAY before and "fingers crossed" never had one single problem with buying and selling cars from there...

i'am just a bit pissed off as i was gonna collect tomorrow...but cannnot collect until tuesday now...

is no stamps on the service book a problem... or would some renault dealers not stamp the book

saying that i have never taken any of my cars to be serviced at a main dealer..because of the stupid service prices

i have taken all my car to local garages..cheaper!!!

Qashcow
pair of new tyres is £70 so not the end of the world, although i wouldnt personally buy a car without looking at it first

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've bought a few cars off ebay. Never again.

And as for S0A2K6, what a f**king s**t attitude to have. If everyone did that the site would collapse. People that do that f**k me off. It quite clearly states you are bidding to buy.

arctic 182 ff
as long as there is reciepts for work and parts i cant see a problem,a stamped book does look good but it may have just been took to the dealer for an oil and filter change just soley to have the book stamped(seen this many a time as i have worked in a few of main dealers).and if the vehicle isnt "as described" then you can walk away,i verbally agreed to buy a car as long as it was as described after a 150 mile trip the car had damage not mentioned and a few other bits nd bobs so i walked away and left the guy bad feed back on ebay hope this helps gaz

seems a reasonable price

i bought and sold my last last car on ebay, but i did go and view it first

cyrillsneerscup sound advice
man....thank you

realy wanted a black ph1 172

and i thought £3400 was a good price to pay for 7yr old clio 172 with low mileage

fingers crossed when i see the car it is "AS IT WAS DESCRIBED" on the ebay advert

maybe this is the last i will buy a car from ebay

i looked on auto trader and for 2001 ph1 clio 172 in black with 89k they wanted £3895

cheer's to everyone who posted comments

zakk

Last edited: