ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought my Eibach Prolines :)

Clio 182
I couldnt resist any longer after such good praise from everyone on here Ive finally spent the £140 on some proline springs, all I need to do now is work out whats causing the squeeking from drivers side front everytime I go over a bump!

I seriously cant wiat to get them fitted Ive been quoted 160 for fitting and setup, whats peoples thoughts?

Rich :)

172 Cup (track) FS
they've been brilliant since fitting on mine, only done 300 miles but very happy. They keep the same ride height as the standard Cup but that's what I was after.

fantastic value for money mod.

M2 Competition
160 for fitting is a hell of a lot mate! I paid 60 quid.

You cant really do much set up, they're non-adjustable.

Its an hour long job, take old springs out, put new ones in.

172 Cup (track) FS
one more thing - they work incredibly well with other suspension parts upgraded. very complimentary to front bushes incl dogbone mount and rear ARB improvements :)

BMW M3
If your near me mate id do it for £15 lol

Actually, if your slightly machanical you could try it yourself.... its pretty easy and satifsying.

Clio 182
Hi All,

Apparently its 120 for the fitting and then 35 for the tracking to be done is what Iv'e been quoted from JamSport in Northampton. I am not the most skilled person with a spanner! Out of interest what should I expect in terms of ride quality do they stop all the horirble body roll through corners that makes the ride feel choppy? If anyone knows any where good to get them fitted in/near Northampton plz let me know

BMW M3
Any decent garage shoudl be able to fit them no probs but i would have said to drive the car for a couple weeks before doing the tracking.

M2 Competition
Aye, i need mine retracked i think.

120 for an hours work, and putting four springs in is a hell of a lot mate.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I think the first thing you should do is find someone to do it at a fair price as that is just ripping you off. I paid £80 to have my Eibachs fitted and that included tracking too. If the mechanics a bit slow it still shouldn't take no more than 11/2-2 hours included tracking. I would definitely put a limit of say £100 and get some quotes before getting them done or get Justin to do them for £15;)

R

rich[182]

60-90 mins max to fit, reckon £75-£85 is max I'd pay - then get tracking done 1-2 wks later

ST
A garage with air tools and ramps should be able to have them fitted in an hour tops...me and BigIain can do 4 springs in about 1 hour 20 in my garage with a trolley jack and axle stands..

M135i
Hi All,

Apparently its 120 for the fitting and then 35 for the tracking to be done is what Iv'e been quoted from JamSport in Northampton. I am not the most skilled person with a spanner! Out of interest what should I expect in terms of ride quality do they stop all the horirble body roll through corners that makes the ride feel choppy? If anyone knows any where good to get them fitted in/near Northampton plz let me know

oohhhhhh Jamsport. hear many a horror story from that place! try Northampton Motorsport in far cotton buddy. or WRC Technologies in Silverstone.

Or go down to NTBS (Northampton Tyre and Battery Service in northampton and ask for Chris. tell him James put you onto him. :approve:

Clio 182
Hi All

I really appreciate everyones advice! As I am sure everyone appreciates I am keen not to allow any spanner monkeys near my car! anyone got any info on this WRC Technologies company? Jamsport seem to know their products quite well, I am guessing people are not so confident on their fitting abilities? I have no experience of using these people so appreciate any advice?

Regards
Rich

Lionel Richie
its a 45min job to fit the springs (if its a pro like me ;))

£120!!!!!! they're pulling your pants down, spanking your arse and calling you a b**ch at the same time

you shouldn't setup the alingment straight away anyway after fitting springs, always always always leave it for a month or so for them to settle in

amatuers!

Clio 182
Fred,
Thank's I guess this is to allow the springs to settle in is it? If you dont mind me asking how much would you normally charge for a job like this?

Why do I have to live in an area where there is no one decent :(

Clio 182
Hi Fred

I am based in Northampton, I was going to give Northampton Motorsport a ring but I am aware that they are not familliar with the clio as a car, they are more into their caternhams.

Lionel Richie
yes they are, ask for Troy, we get cliosport discount there, i set it up!

they're very expensive though

i have friends in Kettering, so could come to you and fit

Clio 182
HI Fred,
I know their labour rates are around £65 a hour I think? I am more worried about getting a good job done than anything else. I know my dad paid about £120 for springs to be fitted a while back at Superior cars

Lionel Richie
well its an hour MAX work, as i said if you're a pro and know clios like the back of your hand it can be done in 45min (my new record is 43min inc 1 fag break)

Clio 182
Fred,
Thanks
Sorry to ask a dumb question but regarding setup what needs to be done? Apart from putting the suspension stuff back properly is it jsut a case of getting tracking done or is there something else that needs to be played with?

Lionel Richie
nope, just tracking, and as i said you're best to leave the springs to settle for a month before getting that done

Clio 182
Thanx Fred,

I will give Northampton Motorsport a call and see what they charge? You seem to rate them as being good then?

Clio 182
Well just had a quote from Northampton Motorsport £270 to fit!! that includes an £80 alignment charge, Fred did say they were not cheap I would guess you pay for quality?

Still not sure what I am going to do .... Wonder how much axle stands and a torque wrench are lol?

M135i
jesus, didnt think they would be that expensive!! ill get onto my mate (the one that works at NTBS) and see what he can do for you, hes always on the look out for a bit of private work.

I did it myself, luckily we have a pit and a few screwdrivers so i got stuck in, took me about 3 hours. Not really difficult and quite satisfying. why not have a go yourself?

BMW M3
Yeah, i did it myself with a jack and 2 axel stands.

If you are doing it yourself, the only think i would recommend is getting an air gun (cant think of technical term) and just buzz the strut top nut off. This can be tricky with just using spanners and you need to hold an allen key in place in the middle while trying to undo the nut around it with a swan neck spanner ( is that what their called ? lol)

There is a guide somewhere, possibly by Fred himself that you could follow if you want.

Milltek'd 182
there's a guide on the guide section, but i dont know if 'forum users' can see that? looks pretty easy tbh

Lionel Richie
as i said Ritch, i don't mind coming to you and fitting them on your driveway, as i said its a 45min job!

give me a ring on 07769712624

(its not often you see a Renault tuner offering that kind of service eh!)

ITB BG 182
Go to yozzasport or off to gdi for fitment as they are both bloody good but Yozzasport would be closer to you at a guess, i think fred charges about £75 for fitment and Gdi are charging £60 although in the goupe buy im doing for these springs atm its slightly cheaper.