ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought this, help..?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Just got this DA polisher on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-POLIS...ssories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item5667431c69

Don't worry, I didn't pay anywhere even close to £139 for it, so I am happy with the price I paid! It comes with a few pads as you can see, it hasn't arrived yet but they generally receive very good reviews online.

What I need help with, is i'm planning to try some correction on the Clio. I'm planning to get some scrap panels from the breakers, but I have no idea what polishes to choose!

I currently only have Farcela G3 Permanent Scratch Remover and SRP (I know it has no cut and is mostly if not all filler).

So, what polishes should I buy? I'm new to DA polishing but keen to learn!

Thanks

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Look at menzerna. Loads of options with varying cut and finishing and very easy to get the hang of from a beginners point of view

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Look at menzerna. Loads of options with varying cut and finishing and very easy to get the hang of from a beginners point of view

Been looking at everything, had my mind set on Meguiars 105 and 205 earlier, then someone talked about 80 and 83, now i'm confused again! Want someone to say "Buy this and this and its what you need to get a nice finish" Haha!

Can't say I've seen 80 and 83, but 105 and 205 certainly get talked about in general - so I'd go for those personally.

I'm yet to use mine, but that's also what I have based on what the "general concensus" is.

Can't say I've seen 80 and 83, but 105 and 205 certainly get talked about in general - so I'd go for those personally.

I'm yet to use mine, but that's also what I have based on what the "general concensus" is.

You're not old enough. 80 and 83 were the original Megs cutting and glazing products.

Menzerna or 3M are best. Menzerna with DA IMO.

On a separate note, unfortunately it would appear you have bought one of the cheap knock offs of the DAS-6. They burn out very quickly, hence you got it for a good price...

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
You're not old enough. 80 and 83 were the original Megs cutting and glazing products.

Menzerna or 3M are best. Menzerna with DA IMO.

On a separate note, unfortunately it would appear you have bought one of the cheap knock offs of the DAS-6. They burn out very quickly, hence you got it for a good price...

Ah so 105 and 205 would be a good combo? :) Yeah did think it was a cheap knockoff of a DAS-6, but it seems to have pretty good reviews online, and to be honest I just wanted it to start off, to polish the car the first time and gain some experience.