ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bougt clio III RS 197 ´07 silver.. couple of things

CLIO III RS 197 2007
Hi!

I just bought this today
2007, 51.000km driven 1 owner

full

Would you like to help me with some things:

1. Cambelt is original, so it is over 4 years old which is time limit in Finland. What parts i need and would you like to recommend some shop?
Maybe cambelt kit from K-tec?
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3850&appid=3
Water pump from my local renault shop, 75€

2. What is car alloys original silver color code? I have to refurb 8 alloys because of scratches

3. I can hear some weird sound from parcel shelf area when driving in bumps.. sound is from boot or parcel shelf.
It sounds like "clonk"

4. Brakes dont feel powerful. Even if i press pedal all to floor abs dont make any effect in asfalt.
Car ex owner was woman and i am pretty sure she was not using car very hard.. so do brakes need some kind of service or just hard driving?

Lotus Elise
Full cambelt kit and auxbelt needed and all three Renault tools.

Cant help on paint code but someone will know.

Clonking will be a bush or worn damper.

Brakes could just need new pads and disks and a bleed.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hi!

I just bought this today
2007, 51.000km driven 1 owner

full

Would you like to help me with some things:

1. Cambelt is original, so it is over 4 years old which is time limit in Finland. What parts i need and would you like to recommend some shop?
Maybe cambelt kit from K-tec?
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3850&appid=3
Water pump from my local renault shop, 75€

2. What is car alloys original silver color code? I have to refurb 8 alloys because of scratches

3. I can hear some weird sound from parcel shelf area when driving in bumps.. sound is from boot or parcel shelf.
It sounds like "clonk"

4. Brakes dont feel powerful. Even if i press pedal all to floor abs dont make any effect in asfalt.
Car ex owner was woman and i am pretty sure she was not using car very hard.. so do brakes need some kind of service or just hard driving?

1. I'd try your local Renault for prices. Remember Ktec will have to ship items

2. Silver 205-88 (IXELL paint)

3. Usually its the boot catch, ive had it on both Mk3's. You can adjust the catch 'pull' the boot tighter. Usually sorts it

4. The pads will be seized in the calipers, 100%. Need a strip and rebuild, that should cure it :)

If you're not already there, sign up to www.clio197.net, more mk3 info over there.

:)

Lotus Elise
Usually its the boot catch, ive had it on both Mk3's. You can adjust the catch 'pull' the boot tighter. Usually sorts it

Everyday is a school day.

The pads will be seized in the calipers, 100%. Need a strip and rebuild, that should cure it

Took us 5 hours once to get some pads out.

Lionel Richie
no sam it took me 4 and ended up needing 2 new calipers anyway, all because of those b*****d pins!!!!

CLIO III RS 197 2007
Many thanks for your help! :)

Just called local Renault dealer and they told cambelt change including new waterpump, anc. belt+tensioner will cost £500 / 599€.
I calclulated there is 90£ difference between small workshop / k-tec parts + labour with renault dealer. So i will go for renault dealer.