ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just brought first 182, What mods?

2004 Renault Clio182
Hi all! I’m Jake, 22 years of age and have Just joined the forum after purchasing my first Clio 182, vehicle is arriving on Thursday and has had a full engine and gearbox rebuild with recipts.

Quick question into what mods you think are a must have on the 182’s?

Also I’m looking for a exhaust system for the vehicle I want it to sound as nice as possible and quite deep in tone, any recommendations?

Thanks
Jake

Clio 172 Cup
Hi mate from what I have done to my cup I would start with suspension brakes and tyres first and any servicing belts ect if due then maybe look at bolt ona exhaust and filter, did mine the opposite way round lol and a good handling car is best before doing performance upgrades. Best of luck ?

2004 Renault Clio182
Thanks for the replies! Vehicle has been serviced, new belts have been changed aswell which is good news! Once I have the vehicle I will get it on the ramp and check underneath of vehicle has been polybushed.

I’m excited for the vehicle and hopefully I’ll enjoy the 182!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Depends, road car nothing, keep it stock and it'll drive nicer on UK roads day to day and hold value better imo.

Track car, exclusively or just occasionally then loads of purchasing fun to be had.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Decent tyres, pads and suspension refresh if it needs it. The rest won’t do jack unless spending serious £££.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Smaller steering wheel?? I never felt the stock one was too large tbh?

As above, if it's a road car then don't do much, you can't get loads more power out of the engine and making the suspension stupidly stiff ruins the ride.

Depends, road car nothing, keep it stock and it'll drive nicer on UK roads day to day and hold value better imo.