ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just changed rear pads, need a little help?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
As above, just changed the rear pads on my 172 cup. It was much easier than expecting. Mostly thanks to this guide...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=408371&highlight=fitting+braided+hoses

but i have a problem. If you look at the guide there are 2 wire "clips" one on the back of each rear pad (so the car has a total of 4). My car didn't have these, i am guessing they hold the pads in place somehow but i aint sure. Do i really need them and if so where can i get them from?

SQ5
Yes you need them, otherwise your pads will fall out other wise!

Halfords sell the fitting kit for it

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Thanks, good to know. I have had the car for 5 months and they have never had them on!!! nice and safe.

SQ5
They were probably stuck in by brake dust and the clip had fallen out a while back! Same setup (ish) as the valver, was forever losing pads, then my 106 Gti had the same setup but 14" wheels so the pad couldn't fall out :p

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
well i will go get some on the way home, luckily i am on my bike and halfords is on the way home. How much am i looking at do you think?

Black Gold Trophy
Not that im plugging renault, but they do a kit for £25 that includes the springs, caliper yoke bolts, washers, bleep nipple covers etc.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
went to reno, they wanted £27 and delivery wouldn't be for a few days. So went to parkers in leicester. £10 and its in today. So pretty happy with that. I only need the 4 large clips anyway as i am not changing the other parts so £10 suits me better. If i was changing everything i would prob use reno.

As for the clips falling out, they have never been there since i have owned the car, so i can't comment on them falling out or not being fitted correctly.