ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just changed rear pads, need a little help?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
As above, just changed the rear pads on my 172 cup. It was much easier than expecting. Mostly thanks to this guide...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=408371&highlight=fitting+braided+hoses

but i have a problem. If you look at the guide there are 2 wire "clips" one on the back of each rear pad (so the car has a total of 4). My car didn't have these, i am guessing they hold the pads in place somehow but i aint sure. Do i really need them and if so where can i get them from?

SQ5
Yes you need them, otherwise your pads will fall out other wise!

Halfords sell the fitting kit for it

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Thanks, good to know. I have had the car for 5 months and they have never had them on!!! nice and safe.

SQ5
They were probably stuck in by brake dust and the clip had fallen out a while back! Same setup (ish) as the valver, was forever losing pads, then my 106 Gti had the same setup but 14" wheels so the pad couldn't fall out :p

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
well i will go get some on the way home, luckily i am on my bike and halfords is on the way home. How much am i looking at do you think?

Black Gold Trophy
Not that im plugging renault, but they do a kit for £25 that includes the springs, caliper yoke bolts, washers, bleep nipple covers etc.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
went to reno, they wanted £27 and delivery wouldn't be for a few days. So went to parkers in leicester. £10 and its in today. So pretty happy with that. I only need the 4 large clips anyway as i am not changing the other parts so £10 suits me better. If i was changing everything i would prob use reno.

As for the clips falling out, they have never been there since i have owned the car, so i can't comment on them falling out or not being fitted correctly.