ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Crashed.. :(

Yeah, had the car a month, and now its in getting repaired already.. was coming along a dual carrageway, within the speed limits, and a saab pulled into my lane from the left lane, she was going around 20mph slower than me so had to slam the brakes on to miss her..

was ok but flashed the headlights and gave her the finger, then about 100m up the road, a transit van was sitting in the central reservation trying to cross over (was coming out a junction on my left, he was turning right so was half way over) but his van was so big it blocked our lane..

me and the saab slammed the brakes on as we couldnt go round him, think she might have clipped him, and i hit her tow bar.. :( though i think if she hadnt moved over, i would have spotted the van as i was more focused on flashing my lights at this lady..

DSC00275.gif

DSC00274.gif

DSC00276.gif

Car steamed up so got it towed, radiator, grill and bonnet all mangled, gutted!

Chocolate Bar™
there must be summit about racing blue 182's :S

could have been worse tho, so chin up :D

thats bad :banghead: some ppl just dont care how they drive :mad:
the saab lady will defo screw u over m8........wait 4 the claim .

Clio 197
OH b****cks!

Did she move into your lane before... of after having to brake?

If it was before... then a delay before braking... one could say that it was up to you to get some distance between you.

If she swerved into your lane to avoid the van ;) ;) then she caused you to take evasive action (braking) and so she is at fault!

yeah not sure what is gonna happen with the insurance, they offered me a courtesy car, but that would be an insurance job wouldnt it~? dont think a 19 can really afford a 182 with 0NCD! lol

yeah she swerved into my lane, causing me to brake, then we both had to swerve/brake to avoid the van, hope its not going to be too expensive, though am surprised the air bags never went off!?

ok great, dreading this now, what all did you need replacing mate? if you dont mind me asking?! on a positive note, just had someone phone about maybe buying my ibiza..

dependant on who does it..........think a grand would b fairly cheap
on the othercase ..........at least 2k proper job wid labour (robbin fcukers):(

new bumper , new bonnet , new licence plate , stripes put back on ,
get the stuff cheaper shoppin around but need a good sprayer imo :cool:

this is all i need.. so how does it work with the insurance? they arranged for me to get towed, but if i want to pay for it myself, do they just cancel my claim? im dreadin this phone call tomorrow

;) think u can declare that its minimal damage , but will get charged for the pick up by the garage .

a3_2.jpg

couldnt find a bonnet ...............not badly priced really

I don't think it's that much damage. Has the bonnet actually been damaged? I can't tell from that pic. Just looks like the front bumper and renault badge has been snapped.

yeah mate, top left of the first photo, is the big dent, and one in between the stripes, in the second photo, the bonnet is actually shut, and is all mis shapen.. :(

latest is, done some insurance quotes..

with my ncb (2 years) = £1100
withouth the ncb = £1500
which isnt as bad as i thought.. its only a £400 difference so might be worth claiming if its going to cost in excess of £2k?

Clio 197
justinRT said:
thanks for your help, the towing was £175 for about 10 miles.. what a rip off!

Gosh!

My bike puncture cost the RAC £550 for 225 miles... considering the guy had to then drive back, that's good VFM! :S

Cam

182 Cup
if you've gone into the back of her she may claim off you. just a thought, gutted for you.

yeah i know, thats why i am thinking i might aswell just claim, means i would get a courtesy car, and i could just pay the higher insurance premium come renewal time..

justinRT said:
yeah i know, thats why i am thinking i might aswell just claim, means i would get a courtesy car, and i could just pay the higher insurance premium come renewal time..

thats what i would do.

look at it this way, why do you give £1000 to an insurance company only not to use them if you crash badly... doesnt make sense to me really.

Claim for the accident, you'll probably find the womans insurers will contact your insurers anyway.

yeah good point mate, if its only an extra 400 on the premium, and the repairs cost say £2k, then i might aswell use it.. means the towing and the courtesy car would be covered