ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Crashed.. :(

182, GTR, C63
Dont forget the premium will go up over the next 3 years as you'll have to mention the claim for that amount of time. Unlucky with the crash but as said before could of been worse. Did you say you was 19? and if your insurance was only 1500 with the crash inlcluded who are you insure with?

Im getting a 182 soon and insurance is nearly twice as much as that with bell with 1 years ncd and 2 claims.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Gutted for you mate. I had a rear end on the 182 after two weeks of having it.

How come you didnt use renault assistane to tow you???

i am with admiral just now, but elephant are the cheapest renewal i have found. i found the renault assistance card thing with the AA in the car, but they said i wasnt covered, so put me through to my insurance, and they sorted arnold clark to pick me up

182, GTR, C63
justinRT said:
i am with admiral just now, but elephant are the cheapest renewal i have found. i found the renault assistance card thing with the AA in the car, but they said i wasnt covered, so put me through to my insurance, and they sorted arnold clark to pick me up

^^ cheers for the info but all same company and only £200 difference really.
I think the postcode has a lot to do with it as my insurance went up £400 when i moved to this house as it comes as a worksop postcode which is classed as dodgy.

Going to look at a 182 this sunday :)

Ad

MK2 FRS
justinRT said:

really not covered with renault assitance:eek: :eek: thats harsh!!!!

I used MG assistance (also AA) when i bumped the TF.

Hope you get it sort quickly.

K20 EG Hatch
justinRT said:
yeah not sure what is gonna happen with the insurance, they offered me a courtesy car, but that would be an insurance job wouldnt it~? dont think a 19 can really afford a 182 with 0NCD! lol

gutted for you mate :(
im 20 and after claiming for a racing blue 182 i will be insuring a new one with 0 ncb!

Maz

LY 200
Gutted about the car Justin but it will fix ... at least you were not hurt .. hope you get it sorted :)

cock mobile.
Could have been a lot worse mate.

It only looks cosmetic.

It's just hassle getting it all sorted!

thanks for all your replies. the insurance just phoned and said the car is being assessed just now, and i need to phone about my courtesy car, but i wont be able to get it until the damage has been decided. hopefully it is just cosmetic, just have to wait and see! :(

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
is there no way you could claim that the saab was at fault, they swerved out to avoid van?

seems like a bit of a shitter if its going down as a fault claim?

sorry anyway bud.

Clio Cup - Yamaha R6
Can you not claim off the van that was parked across your lane.
Especially if the woman in the saab hit the van which in turn caused you to hit her?

182, GTR, C63
justinRT said:
good luck mate, they really are great to drive, but speaking from experience now, take care!

I also have had the "expirience" in my 172 cup 2 years ago. Learnt my lesson wont be pushing my luck this time around. Also from expirience i know elephant are good payers i got payed out within a month and they also changed the policy onto my private reg while i was claiming as i forgot to tell them. Also i was a named driver on my mums insurance and they still payed out.

When you renew insurance check admiral and bell out they vary from month to month who's the cheapest!

just picked up my courtesy car...

DSC00277.gif

god its so slow, though its actually alright to drive, just lacking about 180 hp! lol

the insurance is going down as my claim, which to be honest, its probably was mainly my fault.. they started adding up the clio price this morning, and were still going when i picked the micra up at 4! lol.. the garage wanted to write it off, but the insurance inspector guy wasnt happy, so its getting sorted.

thanks mate, its not really that bad a car, massive inside, but there is just no go about it, pitty really.. cant wait to get the clio back now..

Golf GTi Mk2
Insurance wanted to write it off? For as little damage as that? Thats just silly, makes you wonder if buying cat d write offs for below market value is a good idea.
On another note, you said you did an insurance quote which you adjusted to have 0 ncb? Just make sure that you declared the fault claim as well as otherwise your insurance would be invalid.

yeah thanks mate, i checked out the insurance including me making the claim, no point risking something like insurance when this can happen..

dont know wots worse the heatache or driving the micra :dapprove: ....glad u chose right ...........;)

cheers, go offshore on friday so least i only have to live with the humiliation of driving this for a week! lol

Golf GTD
mate i'd reject that courtesy car, i got given on of them, a shitty 1.0 one when someone crashed into me, complained and got upgraded to a 1.2 16v corsa. Not the best in the world, but still 1000 times better than that s**t box. 5th gear at 30mph anyone?

did you? what did you complain about? cause this thing is seriously slow, its a hazard on the road.. it must be the 1.0l lol

RB + LY 182 FF
justin- tell them you need a bigger engine car as you travel alot on long journeys and a 1.0 is just not suitable... i worked for my partner .
we got a 55 vw polo 1.5 brand new 900 miles on the clock,lol they wanted my partner to have a daewoo matiz. haha we told them to stick it unless it was a better car.

the car rental people didnt get paid if we didnt get a car so they told the insurance our story..and we got a better car.

ok thats Nat, dont really want the trouble so have just changed my policy back to my ibiza, which will keep my goin until the clio gets fixed!

Racing Blue 182
you can insure your ibiza as a Temporary Additional Vehicle on your 182 policy, tell them to waive the payment because they will be saving money if you hand back the courtesy car