ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just done a quote on a V6 230

An orange one

righty..heres the situ (life story people) hehe

ive just turned 20, and drive a 172 cup under my dads insurance (me as main driver) which works out at £1200.15p and out of curiousity ive tried a quote with elephant (company as im with on the cup) for a mk1 v6..

now when i first tried it said i had to be 21..b****cks i thought :( but then i thought ok...ill put me as a year older (so basically in a years time) and got a quote IN MY OWN NAME of £2520!! this seems very very good considering ill never have had a car in my own name so 0 NCB etc! i think i know what im getting in a years time!! :D

would love a 255 but too much to buy for me

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

if your happy!!!

but surely 2520 is a lot of money.... just under seven quid a day.

but go for it!

Mazda MX5 1.8

very very good? lol its a hell of a lot of money for just insurance! a lot of peoples cars on here arent worth that much

Quote: Originally posted by ColinG on 01 May 2005
righty..heres the situ (life story people) hehe ive just turned 20, and drive a 172 cup under my dads insurance (me as main driver) which works out at £1200.15p and out of curiousity ive tried a quote with elephant (company as im with on the cup) for a mk1 v6.. now when i first tried it said i had to be 21..b****cks i thought :( but then i thought ok...ill put me as a year older (so basically in a years time) and got a quote IN MY OWN NAME of £2520!! this seems very very good considering ill never have had a car in my own name so 0 NCB etc! i think i know what im getting in a years time!! :Dwould love a 255 but too much to buy for me

If you spend that much on insurance you want your head looking at

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 02 May 2005
Illegal to be under a parents name if you are actually the named driver.
Many younger people try to avoid the higher premiums associated with their age by insuring their car in a parents name and adding themselves solely as a named driver.

This is technically this known as "fronting" and it is never recommended. In some cases where this is done a claim could be classed as invalid meaning that a payout would not be forthcoming from your insurer and also that this younger driver could potentially end up being convicted of driving without insurance.

At a minimum the fine would be £100s with the potential for up to 6 points to be added to your licence.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

My brother was the lead driver on my dads policy, and after his accident there was no complications and norich union payed out...So b****cks to this whole fronting thing!

An orange one

no...cause the car is under my dads name too...we thought if it was getting insured in his name..then it would look better to be registered in his name..and i just paid for the finance/insurance to him!

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 02 May 2005
My brother was the lead driver on my dads policy, and after his accident there was no complications and norich union payed out...So b****cks to this whole fronting thing!

That is quoted from Norwich Union :eek:

TBH youd be better off starting your own policy and start building up your NCB.

It should be quite cheap when your 21.....

E87 118i

god its a sad day whe you have to choose a car based on the insurance premium.....glad I dony live in the UK, hell you dont even have to have insurance here.

I bought my clio new, and have never had to take it anywhere near a roadworthy place in 3.5 years.......:)

I got my Vee when I was 20............now 21..............the insurance is £2540 but thats only for one year then it drops like a stone (I hope) the reason for that is...............Im 21, they WILL have to allow my 60% NCB (only 50% accepted this year) and finally I have a history with the car and with fast cars without a claim...............the history thing makes a BIG dif so they tell me.

As for being made of money..............no its just "what a car" and worth EVERY penny............some may not agree but hey everyone to their own eh :D

Cya Stu