ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just driving home when....

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
If you was in the right lane it wouldn't have happened. Lesson learnt? Probably not.

And peopl going on about what if he had kids in the car? He didn't i'm sure the van driver could see that his does have windows.

If you was in the right lane it wouldn't have happened. Lesson learnt? Probably not.

And peopl going on about what if he had kids in the car? He didn't i'm sure the van driver could see that his does have windows.

Well, as previously mentioned I don't think it would have mattered what lane I was in - I'm not sure that was the issue (although it may well have been) - I think it was more that I didn't stop when he first just pulled out in front of me. To be honest there was no way I could have stopped so I had to swerve to avoid him.

It is true that there were no children in the car etc but what about the car behind me? Or behind that? The fact is he actively set out to cause an accident on a busy motorway, found it amusing then drove off.

GTiR 394bhp
From what you've said, I am gonna guess that he came up behind you in the middle lane, saw you not moving over so overtook you, cut back into your lane then into the slow lane and let you pass.Then he built up speed to undertake you to demonstrate you should have also moved over and to prove that lane was going faster as he could still pass you.

Whatever, you being in the wrong lane isn't the crime of the century and certainly didn't deserve him dealing out his justice which could have been much more serious.Did youget the details of the Golf driver as they could help back you up with a claim?

Clio 172 ph1
Often in those 50mph zones where there are roadworks you are meant to stay in one lane, or as most of us do on a busy road choose the fastest.

I don't know why everyone's having a go at this guy. I'd be devastated and fuming if this happened to me. Van driver sounds like a complete tool, well done for reporting him and sorry to hear about the bumper :(

Inferno Orange 182
How does someone cruising in the middle lane give you the right to undertake, cut up, speed up and then attempt to cause an accident? Some really weird logic being used here. Sure, he was in the middle lane when perhaps there may have been space to the left, but in a 50mph zone, going 50mph where nobody should be going past you is totally normal and didn't warrant this reaction.

Clio 182ff
Maybe you shouldn't have been sat in the middle lane? However, the white van man had no need to act like a total c@nt! I usually throw a handful of pocket change at guys like that - hit the window and it scares the s**t out of them lol ;)

GTiR 394bhp
Maybe you shouldn't have been sat in the middle lane? However, the white van man had no need to act like a total c@nt! I usually throw a handful of pocket change at guys like that - hit the window and it scares the s**t out of them lol ;)

You're just as bad as the white van driver then, dishing out your own payback.You could easy crack a windscreen doing that and like you said scaring them and could cause them to have an accident.

Clio 182ff
You're just as bad as the white van driver then, dishing out your own payback.You could easy crack a windscreen doing that and like you said scaring them and could cause them to have an accident.

and? the above is very hard to do at speed lol, you fool - when stopped at the lights is time to do it for better aim lol. :rolleyes:

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
This didn't go the way the op thought it would!

To be honest no threads on this forum go the way the OP wants them to! Haha! I just wanted to share my little drama with my fellow CS'ers. Besides its always good to get differing thoughts, whether I agree or not!

Anyway I've already stated that yes I could have moved over - but for whatever reason I didn't. Call it what you like - me not paying attention, being selfish, not feeling the need to move, being a t**t etc it still does not justify his total overreaction. I'd have preferred a wa**er sign as he went past than him trying to wreck my car - or worse.

RB R26.R
If you were in the centre lane and someone was able to undertake you, you were in the wrong lane.

the van driver should have correctly indicated, post mirror checking, mirror checked again and manouvered, from slow to outer most lane, then safely over taken the clio. undertaking is not acceptable, neither is manouvering without signalling AND certainly braking without a cause other than to create a claim is just being a c**t!