ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just dunno what to do for insurance...help!

Golf GTI 1.8T
going mad here!!

last year paid £1466 for my insurance with Tesco but didnt add the mods, was expecting the renewal to be about £900.

I can get it for near that without the mods, the lowest quote I have got with the mods is £1236 from Virgin and as they dont charge extra for installments thats about £100 a month, which I can live also with mum on the policy but would still like it cheaper.

I've tried:

CIS
Elephant
Admiral
AA
Norwich Union
Tesco
Direct Line

They either cant quote or its over £1400 again, so has anyone got any suggestions of any other companies. Oh and this is urgent as mine runs out on sat.

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
Im 26 and got my 182 cup fully comp for £600 from Norwich Union Direct. Have you tried looking on confused.com?

Golf GTI 1.8T
I think I'm gonna try adrian flux tomorrow edde cheers.
chadhele said:
barclaysinsurance.com

im 18 1 years ncb and im payin 530 for a 1.2 mk1 third party
I'm 19 on a mk2 ph1 1.4 with mods so not much comparison mate.
inferno cup said:
Have you tried looking on confused.com?
yep, only a couple of companies will even give a quote, all over £1500
V1NNY said:
why so much mate?

vinny
mods I guess mate, if I knew it was gonna be that much I would have sold it.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Does seem a bit expensive Mitch, I got a quote, 18, 1yrs NCD, same car, IK, lowered 40mm, tints, exhaust/manifold, colour code, diff. alloys. Just over £1400 from elephant, I would of thought it would be a decent amount cheaper for you, being a year older (and possibly a year more NCD, I don't know this though?)

Did you have to ring virgin for quote with mods? I got decent enough quote on their site without mods.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That is a lot, mine was £1500 the year I got my licenceback but then dropped to well under a grand the next year, my mods have only cost a few quid with NUD :S

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Have you tried APlan, they have saved my mates a few quid. Im gonna get a quote with them myself this year.

cock mobile.
recaro182 said:
Have you tried APlan, they have saved my mates a few quid. Im gonna get a quote with them myself this year.

They were very good for me, far cheaper than other quotes I recieved.

Octavia VRS
My renewal is just over £400 with mods declared and the girlfriend insured as well. That's with Elephant. I thought it would cheaper but they must be taking into account the claim I had a couple of months ago. It wasn't my fault but is still ongoing to get my excess back.

We are both 25 tho

Last edited:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
_Kenny_ said:
My renewal is just over £400 with mods declared and the girlfriend insured as well. That's with Elephant. I thought it would cheaper but they must be taking into account the claim I had a couple of months ago. It wasn't my fault but is still ongoing to get my excess back.

We are both 25 tho

Really? Thought it would have been cheaper than that. Im £397 for me (23 with a ban and 3 points) my 21 year old gf who passed this year and with lowering declared :S

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Hey Mate im same age as you nearly same car but i got a 1.6 dont know how long you been driving ot how much ncb you have i been driving 21 months and have 1 years no paying £1300 at the mo, but got a quote from http://www.moneysupermarket.com/motor/ and the cheapest i got was £888.99 from barclays and my car is parked on the road at night, market valve of £3000 and 8000 miles a year and Excess: £300 i thought this was good but thats without mods, somebody said to me on here our cars look the same.
cheers mate :cool:

Black Clio GT
youve also got to consder the fact that no area is the same, i have my car insured at my girlfreind parents adress cos it was 400 quid cheaper due to crime rate in the area we live in!!

so if you can try and filddle it that way then you may save a few extra quids :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
_Kenny_ said:

We are both 25 tho

What mods?

Golf GTI 1.8T
lemonnobby1 said:
Hey Mate im same age as you nearly same car but i got a 1.6 dont know how long you been driving ot how much ncb you have i been driving 21 months and have 1 years no paying £1300 at the mo, but got a quote from http://www.moneysupermarket.com/motor/ and the cheapest i got was £888.99 from barclays and my car is parked on the road at night, market valve of £3000 and 8000 miles a year and Excess: £300 i thought this was good but thats without mods, somebody said to me on here our cars look the same.
cheers mate :cool:
tried these, and got good quotes at about £900, but add the mods and it goes up to £1400+ and only 4 companys would insure me. :(

Golf GTI 1.8T
I tried adrian flux today and they gave a good quote at £1150 which actually covered the mods too. but I need monthly payments this year and they could only do it at £1289. so looks like I'm gonna go with Virgin @ £1236. gonna ring them now and tell them to knock the £36 off and I'll take it.

Golf GTI 1.8T
OMFG!!!!!!!! right I've just phone Virgin. gave my name and DOB as the reference as I said and the policy came back £600.60. not thinking I said thats not right it was nearer £1200 before, so she said I'll check through it for you sir. we went through all my details and submitted it again and it came back at £600.60 so I snapped it up!! all paid for and insured get in!! :D

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeah but how annoying is it gonna be next year when I come to renew and the policy will go up lol!

Black 172 MK2
White16valver said:
Just avoid Adrian Flux like the plague! lol

bad experience?

i went with AF last year and they wer really good. got a renewal through today and its £1060 dropped by £200 im 21 4ncb parked on a drive way with suspension brakes and exhuast declared :s

Octavia VRS
EvilJohn said:
Really? Thought it would have been cheaper than that. Im £397 for me (23 with a ban and 3 points) my 21 year old gf who passed this year and with lowering declared :S

Yeh mate, renewal came through a few days ago. Going to phone them up as I thought it would be cheaper by £100 tbh. No claims in 5yrs (apart from the one that's not my fault so therefore shouldn't affect my policy) and both of us have no points! Maybe because it's parked in a residential car park might have something to do with it?

Ali said:
What mods?

Alloys (Alize doesn't come with them as standard) and Eibach Pro springs

No more clio's for me!
Seems like a result mitch, how did that happen? Was your birthday the day of renewel? Its stupid how insurance premiums are worked out, really boils my blood!