ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Fitted Grp N ECU..A few Q's...

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hi Guys/girls,
I fitted my Group N ECU tonight with Olivier who has recently moved over from France.

Got it fitted in 10 minutes,didnt even need to take the battery out,we just undid it from unscrewing the bracket holding the ECU to the frame.

Idle is a little rough occasionally, i think this is down to the fact this particular ECU is designed for wild cams. Anyway....i've noticed my AC doesnt seem to work nearly as well as previously,it seems to work intermitently as in it works like it should then blows warm air in.

I spoke to Olivier about this and he thinks its down to the fact the ECU controls the AC and gives it less power due to using the power for the engine.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? As its a fairly major one living in Dubai :eek:

He said to give it a day or two which i'm prepared to do, Revs upto 7,800RPM and definately feels more responsive after 5,000 RPM and i really do like it but it will have to come out if the AC doesnt perform as it should.

Any help appreciated.

john

Edit: Should also say i've only done maybe 20 miles so far so maybe its still adjusting?

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'd seriously doubt that the ECU could/would adjust the load on the engine from the air-con compressor pump.

One thing I would say is give it a few hundred miles and then see. A while back when my Cup was in the hands of Mike @ Rentech for a service he reset the ECU, and it drove horribly for about a week after that. He said that over time they kind of learn your driving style. I don't let him reset it anymore now.

I'm not saying that in itself will cure your apparent weak air-con problem, but don't give up on it just yet...I love my Group N :D

Honda S2000
No aircon in Dubai... My advice - put plastic sheets on your seats, keep lots of towels in the car and have more showers.

Or drive it for a few hundred k and see if it adjusts. I doubt after 20 miles it will be all set up perfectly.

But if that still doesnt work may I suggest some form of band to keep the sweat from your eyes. Like this maybe

band.gif

;)

Vectra :(
It will take a good 100-300 miles to set its self up mate. Has to map itself to the car and learn all the setting etc. Mine idled and drove a bit s**t for about 300 miles then was perfect after. In the first 50 miles it cut out at a standstill!!!

Go for a nice long run using all the rev range then it should get better.

No ideas about the aircon tho as mine was uneffected

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Thanks for the advice guys and girl.

As i drive 70 miles to work i thought this morning would be a good chance to get some miles on it....first 35 were perfect,AC working as normal but then had to stop for petrol...rest of the trip was like sitting in a suana,lol.

As you've said,i'll get it 2-300 miles to let it adjust.

Kelly..... I've stocked up on said sweatbands in preperation...i actually might wear it even if it's cool....cos they are kinda cool ;)

Will update as i add on the miles.

Wilder cams will change where the engine makes its power therefore it will be fuelled differently (incorrectly) for standard cams. ie. wilder cams will make more power at higher rpm therefore require more fuel at say 7000rpm then the standard cam.

I would take it off anyway and get one that has been mapped for the standard cams.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I've got cams going in within the next month or so Mark and i got a great price on it through Olivier.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Schrick Cams from a good importer here in Dubai. I was going to go to Ben but i'm not over in the UK for a while and shipping costs are big bucks!

Also got a one off custom induction kit going in at some point,Olivier did the design and it's being made by some aircraft engineer who works in France...i'll hunt some pictures down,its based on the Maxogen kit.

Dubai182 said:
Schrick Cams from a good importer here in Dubai. I was going to go to Ben but i'm not over in the UK for a while and shipping costs are big bucks!

Also got a one off custom induction kit going in at some point,Olivier did the design and it's being made by some aircraft engineer who works in France...i'll hunt some pictures down,its based on the Maxogen kit.

Sounds good!

I dont suppose you can get anyone to map the standard ECU over there can you?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Mark...there are a few mappers here but i'm not so sure on their reputation,doing a lot of homework on it atm.

Ali....trying my best but its just so fun,lol.