ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got a call back from renault regarding my misfire (182)???

Ive finally got an answer out of these no hopers regarding the fault with my 182... It went in on the back of an AA truck last saturday because it started to misfire really badly and had the exhaust gas monitoring light flashing on the dash.
They kept saying they was gonna let me know, they never called me at all when they kept saying they would call me, I had to keep going up there to get some answers, they really did keep messing me about..... Anyway ive just had to chase them up again because of more broken promises and they have said that the fault is my spark plugs and leads does this sound right to you?

Would my 182 with 23k on the clock suddenly brake down into misfire and the fault be that it needs all spark plugs and leads changed??

Im not convinced????

What do you reckon?

Rob.

The 182 broke down into misfire with the flashing exhaust on saturday and as quickly as it happened it stopped and returned to normal and then came back again, was fine when it went to the dealer..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Well iirc the spark plugs don't need changing untill the car hits 72K.

At the moment my temp sensor has been playing up, and like Mark Cup said one minute it's fine and the next it's playing up, so it might well be that.

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Quite possibly the plugs or leads, process of elimination, try plugs first as these are cheapest then if no joy then the leads, distributor cap and rotor arm. Had similiar with mine when I first got it and it was a plug at fault and that was with only 33k on the clock. Depends on the driving style, town, etc, etc. Needs to be plugged in to be sure, prob. cost you about 40 - 50 quid though. Good Luck

Thanks Juanboy to be fair to Renault Dartford the tech (Matt) has always worked on my car and has always been spot as he also owns an RS so knows all the common probs etc..

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Quite possibly the plugs or leads, process of elimination, try plugs first as these are cheapest then if no joy then the leads, distributor cap and rotor arm.

Special order on the distributor cap and rotor arm mate. You'll be waiting ages...

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Sounds positive then mate. Certainly sounds like a dodgy lead or plug being so intermitent. I'm sure you'll be blasting through Dartford Tunnel with a smile on your face again tomorrow!

Thanks Juanboy to be fair to Renault Dartford the tech (Matt) has always worked on my car and has always been spot as he also owns an RS so knows all the common probs etc..