ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got a quote for these mods

Ph1

Just rang my insurance company up and they want me to pay £104 on top of my premium for the fitment of lowered suspension and a stainless zorst .

Does this sound reasonable ???

Apparently they class spring and shocks as 2 separate mods!!!! :confused:

Sounds right.

I found when I rung some places, it was £100 a mod.. basically.. but exhaust, when done with another thing was about £30.

So say an exhaust on its own was £100..

Lowering on its own is £100.

Exhaust and lowering is only £130..

Only seemed to work with Exhausts tho - maybe other mods cancel out exhausts.. heh.

Revels Mum & Sister

It does seem a lot

BUT DO IT!

If you have an accident and its ur fault. If they spot the exhaust and Suspension. Ur Insurance is Void fella.

Thats not good news on a car like that

From what I have seen quote wise in past posts. Thats seems ok. Bit if a bummer about classing the shocks and sropings as 2 mods. Can kida see there point.

I think they charge a lot for Suspension as they think your going to charge about everywhere going faster round corners

Ph1

Yeah your probably right about the going fast round corners thing but surley shocks and springs should both come under the same banner lowered suspension as one mod and not 2 separate ones ......daft aint it

Quote: Originally posted by Andyman on 26 May 2004

Yeah your probably right about the going fast round corners thing but surley shocks and springs should both come under the same banner lowered suspension as one mod and not 2 separate ones ......daft aint it
depends on company.

I know Elephant have a certain range.. like 0- 30mm etc.. or whatever.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I just paid £60 for an exhuats with Tesco. Taking into account theres 2 months left on my policy - £5 a month. Result!

Si

black golf v6 4 motion

i was charged by reno £135 for a s/s backbox on my cup and it will or would have been 135 more for an i/k whether i got it at same time or seperate time:eek:

Ph1

Where on earth do people with really highly modded metal get insurance from??

Like the guys on here with 200bhp+ 172s where do you get cover ???and how much extra ???

E87 118i

sorry guys I find this whole "report your mods" to the insurers a bit of a laugh, we have nothing like that here, no one checks the colour of your springs in a claim.

if I put a new exhaust on, I dont need to report it to the insurers, and your insurance is hella expensive compared to the price of the car, Im 25 and pay R4464 per year, about GBP 372....

anyways I suppose if thats what they want you better cough up, no one wants to lose out on a claim cos of mod not declared.

R

rich[182]

if you carry out mods & dont declare them, regardless of how minor you think the mods are then your sitting on a potential timebomb, sorry but its just not worth the risk, insurance companies will do absolutely anything to get out of paying out and people who mod & dont disclose are easy prey

You are in the eyes of the insurance company driving without any insurance, if you have a crash and destroy other property or worse still even laim or kill someone then you are totally totally f****d

Laguna

With Admiral quote so far is

With K-tec exhaust - £79.59

+ Lowering 15mm £123.43

+Lowering and Strut braces £188.86

Waiting for a call with the induction kit lol.

All this stuff I have waiting to put on lol.

Ive just taken out a policy with Admiral too. Are the any good?

Ive declared my mods - lowering, and different wheels. Premium still seemed really cheap.

Cheers.

Chris.

Greenlight was very good for me.

Mods - Alloys, lowered, brembo 4 pots and big discs. All for £250 cheaper than tescos and directline who were the next cheapest.

Laguna

So far very pleased with them, the quote was very cheap in the first place, undercut most companies by £200 of these prices for the mods dont seem too bad. The staff are very friendly and after having some confusion with my old insuance campany clearing my account so no money for a db with admiral they were very understanding with the circumstances and helped me out. Very very happy with them, by far the best company ive dealt with yet.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Ive just taken out a policy with Brentacre insurance on my modified williams, was 180 cheaper than my renewal and I can do any interior/exterior/ mods and engine mods which increase the power by 10% or less without charge.:) Very helpfull too know their stuff, so no explaining what an induction kit is.

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 26 May 2004

Depends on company.
Too true. Tesco knocked £30 off my renewal premium whaen I told them of the stainless. The telephone operator then said sorry!!

I have checked the policy and the exhaust is covered in the new policy. I have paid £80 for the suspension, minus the £30for the exhaust. It doesnt make sence really...

R

rich[182]

norwich union told me that they have a points system whereby each mod is pointed, eg air filter = 1 etc

basically IK, Zorst, Suspension = no charge other than a £25 admin fee !!