ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got insurance renewsl through

197 Albi Blue
got insurance renewal through today.

its my mums policy and i am on as a named driver on 1.2 16V expresion. Last years premium was £687 this year it has gone up to £1167 :eek:

im 18 passed my test a year ago and its £1167 on a 1.2!!!

197 Albi Blue
this was done through the local insurance broker who last year got us cheepest quote by a long long way.

i have a clean lisence lol

in my own name the quotes are coming back at over £2k

the lady on phone said tht from today (sept 1st) insurance companies are putting the premiums up by huge amounts for young male drivers.

Just shop around! Get it under your own name though otherwise your insurance will always be expensive!

Formally Clio 182
the lady on phone said tht from today (sept 1st) insurance companies are putting the premiums up by huge amounts for young male drivers.

Hmm, im 22 so dont know if that still counts , but just requote on the tescos website to see the outcome and it appears the same price as 2 weeks ago when i actually purchased the insurance.

1.2 16v Clio Campus Sport
I'm 18, 2 years no claims (been on 10 month policies till now), clean lisence, passed a year and 5 months ago.

I drive a 1.2 16V and I paid £800 for my insurance starting today. That's fully comp under my own name with my mum as a named driver (with 3 points) and with personal injury cover.

You seriously need to shop around. I know I'm a girl but there shouldn't be that much of a difference. Elephant gave me the cheapest quote.

Da

Less
Clio*Nick, you're fronting the policy, I bet if you were the main driver and put your mum on as named it would be cheaper.
Insurance companies aren't stupid ya know ;)

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Its expensive to me and I got raped twice!

I paid £1228 for a modified 1.2 8v at 21

I then got a 172 after 9 months driving and paid an extra £1255 for the final 3 months.

£1097 for the year - 22 1 yr NCD 1 yr driving