ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got some bad news

MK2 PH1 1.2
Went out yesterday to meet someone at a pub not too far from me. Almost there and i realised how cold it was in the car, but the heating was on high. Thought that maybe the temperature wasn't high enough yet maybe? nope, it was about right. Next thing i know the temperatures ridiculously high and the stop light had come on.

Took it to a garage today and its the head gasket as i thought, looks like its over for my clio :( not worth the £900 they were asking.

i take it there was a blockage or too much air etc in the cooling system to have the gasket fail?
ever thought of giving it a bash and replacing it yourself? would be alot cheaper.

clio 1.4 16v
£900?! :| I got my engine rebuilt after the timing belt snapped, got near enough everything replaced! only cost me £500!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just had a head gasket/cambelt/ etc etc fitted on a 1.6 Scenic fitted for £190!!!

You was robbed blind son.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I still wince whenever i see people paying full labour rates...

My mechanic isn't really a mate. He's just a guy that works in a local garage. I asked him if he'd do work on the side for cash and since then he has looked after me and i have given his boss a load of work on the books.

Its not rocket science is it. I was nearly sick today too as another mate of a mate works for Merc Bristol, and apparently they charge £190 per hour Labour!!! Robbing C-units!!!!!