ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got the Clio back on the road. Oh look, it's now back off the road.

BG 182
:( Just reinsured and taxed the 182 after having it SORN'd for 4 months.

After bump starting it and driving steadily for 30 mins I was on the last stretch before home and I thought I'd test the brakes.

*thud* *ting* *ting* *ting*

One of my rear mintex discs is now in two pieces. I'm guessing the pad was sticking/piston was stuck and it's overheated.

On further inspection around the car, I also have a front offside coil that has snapped, but sat on the support still - it's pretty rusted and I have no idea if that happened before or during this short drive.

So an expensive day of insuring and taxing, has now become much more expensive.

Off to the traders section I go...

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I know that feeling.

Took my 306 for a new tyre, balancing on all 4 wheels and tracking. Putting it on the ramp my rad popped so I had to get recovered to my friends garage and go and buy a new rad from BMS.

Quite an expensive day when I'm trying to not spend money on this car.

FF Racing Blue 182
LOL i just put mine on the road after getting some repairs for its mot

Like a right fud i bought road tax on the 28th losing a month.....what a tit

BG 182
I thought I'd cocked up, because I didn't mention I wanted it taxed from the 1st of July. But the tax disc says 31/12 so I guess you don't need to ask.

I didn't think this car would be particularly expensive to run. But in the year and a bit I've had it, I've had a £500~ MOT failure, £100 for new rear discs and bearings (one of which has now cracked), it now needs two new front springs, new rear discs, and could also do with new front shocks. Not to mention it needing new tyres soon.

I'm sure by the time that lot has been purchased, I'll have something else on the list!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Without meaning to upset you, after leaving a car parked up for 4 months, did you not think to check all the brakes etc before you just drove off??

That could have been avoided and is down to user error rather than anything else.

​Jus sayin....

BG 182
Yeah, was a silly mistake. The car rolled happily enough when we were bump starting it, and there wasn't any audible rubbing noises, but I guess there was enough friction to cause it to heat up.

If you want I can do a check over of the car and let you know anything that would need attention. I believe I can get hold of a set of cup packed springs from another of my customers.