ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had a crash :(

Ph1 - 172
The main reason i posted was to get advice on the damage to the clio, dnt mind a bit of flaming. Chances are 90% of people on here will have had similar things happen or will have something similar happen over the course of there driving life anyway. Also reminds people not to make the same mistake.

In the bodyshop I work that'd probably be around the £1300 mark, maybe more.

Remove and refit of glass, removal of interior, fit and paint quarter, blend onto door etc it all adds up unfortunately.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
Jd bodyworks were i used to work he will doa very good job.its at the top ofmansfield on the indust estate near rainworth skoda and across from jet garage i think it is

ds3
In the bodyshop I work that'd probably be around the £1300 mark, maybe more.

Remove and refit of glass, removal of interior, fit and paint quarter, blend onto door etc it all adds up unfortunately.
i had this done to my mk2 ph1 which is v reg thorugh insurance, and it wasn't written off. that was about 10 months ago though.

You did the right thing calling the Police. There's an official record of it now. Better than in a weeks time having a Bobby turn up on your door because the lad reported it.

It is your fault. Blaming sun/the moped etc is a moot point, you should make sure it's safe to turn. However these courses are a bit of a con now and just another money making scheme. They seem to offer them to everyone now regardless of how much at fault you are. I've done one :eek: and one woman (lol) on mine had nudged someone in a car park reversing. They just see every accident as someone at fault, which is 99% true and now they make some money off it.

The course isn't anything to worry about. You get a morning lecture basically, going on about accident rates and all that jazz, then an afternoon in the car. Then the next day in the car too. They sit there and mark your driving. It's simple really. It's not a test and you don't 'fail' as such, you'd have to drive at 50 in a 30 for them to reject you and still send you to court. I think it was about £250 :(

Clio 182 arctic
Did he drive with enough care and attention that he turned safely without causing an accident?
well obviously not, but what im getting at is y dont the police follow up on every single collision that happens and whoever is to blame, give then points for driving without due care & attention, the guy has called them to do the right thing and ends up getting in more s**t. he hasnt had an accident in 4years, he is going to be paying for all the damage himself. there is no need to add points/fine this event.

M2 Competition
Sorry to hear about the accident bud.

As mentioned, from experience will be between 1k - 1.4k for the damage (providing underneath is only cosmetic).

For the other questions, plenty of people will report damage only accidents where someone is at fault, nothing wrong with that.

Lou

I'm trying to find the picture of a similar accident I had when a stolen motorbike hit me - total cost was roughly £1700.

Edit: Found picture..

Attachments

• th_Multimed.jpg
    th_Multimed.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 156

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Gutted, my mate owns a good bodyshop in sutton, Gee-mac.. had my bumper sprayed a few times there! I'll try and dig the address out but its just before the train lines going towards kirkby on a little industrial estate

172, BMW 120 Msport.
My mates just had a very simular crash in his arctic 182. Has a quote from Matt Owen bodyworks in warsop, £600. Loads of lads round here had work done by him and its always spot on too.

Ph1 - 172
My mates just had a very simular crash in his arctic 182. Has a quote from Matt Owen bodyworks in warsop, £600. Loads of lads round here had work done by him and its always spot on too.

That sounds good to me.

In reply to revels, im not exactly worried about the course.Im not a bad driver i just made a mistake, will i have to declare the course on insurance same as if i was charged with points and fine?

320d
Insurance for me. The lad must be injured. I've been on the recieving end of this type of thing when I had a moped. Wasn't nice atall.

Hopefully the driver improvment course will do you some good and the car will get fixed.

Ph1 - 172
Insurance for me. The lad must be injured. I've been on the recieving end of this type of thing when I had a moped. Wasn't nice atall.

Hopefully the driver improvment course will do you some good and the car will get fixed.

Bin down to see the lad today, have come to an agreement outside of insurance and both signed documents sayin we have agreed to this. Turned out i knew the family when i got there. He said he was ok and that he'd been to football today.

Impreza Type RA
i rang the police myself to report the incident, speaking to the copper im a prime candidate for the driver improvement scheme so ill pay a couple hundred quid and have no points. Im only tpft on my insurance so either way my car aint gettin repaired but by not going through i get to keep my no claims. Hopefully ill get it done slightly cheaper as i know a decent sprayer just need to get the panel and skirt sourced and fitted.

I am really gutted but it was over so quick i was just shaking when i got out the car. It was a massive relief to see the rider up on his feet and talking tho :(

They said that to me when I crashed my Impreza Type R. Never heard anything else though which was good so I wouldn't worry too much about it!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Unlucky bud. Live and learn anyway.

Not sure why so many people are having a go. Sounds like you handled the aftermath quite well.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Unlucky bud. Live and learn anyway.

Not sure why so many people are having a go. Sounds like you handled the aftermath quite well.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

Yeah I agree, i can gaurantee that nearly everyone here, even if they havnt had a similar accident, WILL have had near misses, jesus only today on the way to the meet some lass in a fiesta indicated to move into the fast lane and clearly didnt see me in her blind spot and nearly went into the side of me :S i shat myself and blasted the horn and slammed on and thanks to my fab new brakes (thanks Ryan @ NWP!) dropped back so she didnt hit me and poor girl swerved back into middle lane and looked TERRIFIED! I smiled and nodded that it couldnt be helped and she mouthed an apology and all was fine..... yes this is not an accident, but shoock both me, my passengers and the other driver up.....but THESE THINGS HAPPEN!
I think you did everything you should afterwards mate, good luck getting ur car back on the road!

200 FF Storm Grey
It was an accident. Accidents due to lack of attention happen EVERY day.
I think for everyone to jump on the bandwagon and flame this lad is a typical CS reaction to this type of thread.
Sheep follow sheep after all.

Call it a sharp incline on the learning curve.
And in future, if i were you Bennet, i'd think twice about posting up something like this (god forbid you do of course)
Even if you were up front and honest, weren't speeding or drunk....you'll still get treated the same.....with ridicule.

Seconded, things like this are 50% bad luck/wrong place wrong time, nobody is the perfect driver even though many like to think they are, I can think of several occassions where i've had a near miss purely through not being as aware as I should of been and can't see anybody being able to say that they haven't either

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah unlucky mate, will be an expensive fix unless someone can do a good cheap repair for you and not have to replace it, it'll take a lot of time but will always be cheaper in the long run adn not something I would want on my car but as you are paying it's different.

Good luck getting it all sorted.

Ph1 - 172
cheers for the support fella's. Had a quote of 1500 so far, how much would i get for it in its current condition? its just had belts n full service with 74k on the clock. It could do with new mounts and needs a new rear shock but other than that it runs pretty nice tbh. Considering cutting my losses unless i can get it through an MOT in its current state.