ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had my car washed at the Trafford Center - DONT BOTHER!

Clio 200 Cup
Ok I'm a little emabarassed to admit that given the weather recently I havn't felt much like washing my car.

On visiting the Trafford Center today I discovered that a gang of trained monkeys will wash your car for a tenner while you mince around the shops.

Perfect.

Except, when I came back to my shiny clean car I found it covered in those 'swirl marks'. It looks like its been washed with a gritty sponge.

As the car is a month old I know for a fact there were no swirl marks on the paint before, and the guy at the front desk acknowldged them and even tried to polish some of them out. I have the area managers details and will be seeking costs to have it put right.

I'm partly to blame for letting them wash it but it seemed convenient and a good idea at the time.

There's no way in the world I'd let those guys wash a brand new car!

Speak to JD. He's local and he'll be able to get it better than it was. or Da, he had his new 200 detailed recently.

172 ph1
dont let it lie mate they should pay i would of went mad! not your fault they claim they are professionals but they clearly arent! id make sure i screw them till it was sorted

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Its one thing having your car washed by them people, i have done it before, luckily they weren't a bad lot doing it.

But, paying a tenner! £5 is the going rate, you have been ripped off my friend!

Oh, and sorry about your swirls, like above, JD's probably the best for you.

I just leave my cars dirty in this weather. I realise that doesn't help but FFS. The boys at my nearest supermarket do it with a pouch of dirty water and a piece of sand paper. No thanks :(

BTW JD is some sort of detailing mincer. He'll buff out those swirls with alien semen.

Actual LOL,

Unlucky mate i wouldn't let that sort of car park wash establishment near my cars paint, but im sure some of them are "ok" and you've just been unlucky, Have a propper detailer machine polish them out and reclaim the costs as you've said.

Clio 200 Cup
Does anybody know who JD is and how I can contact him? I've looked through the member list like a proper stalker but can't find him.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
They don't even use water at my local sainsburys.. They use that 'waterless detailing' stuff and wipe the salt and shite round your paint for half an hour..

Da

Less
A brand new 200 Cup and a car-wash team...that was never going to end well!

As said, speak to JD or if that fails then speak to Jay @ migliordetailing.com

Evo 5 RS
knuckle dragging c**ts. I had an utterly pristine 4th Gen Honda Prelude a few years back and it was looking spotless in glacier white. Not a mark on it. Leeroy comes up to my window in ASDA and says £15 car wash, fam?

I politely told him to f**k off, cheek!!!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I take loads of my cars to the iranians down the road. They're ace!

Sadly, the ones in the supermarkets (Who don't even use water... WTF!) are horrendous.

R26
Sorry to hear this mate, i have been driving 6 years now and have always refused to use the monkeys, this just confirms that i was right.

CLIO 172 CUP....
i washed the cup today as it really needed it. and yes washed it my self even no it was colder than a motherf**ker better than leting peaple near your car how aint even got a car ther self to clean.....

hope you get it sorted mate....

Who is JD ?

A4618E9E-A06F-4C3A-BCC8-73A9025A48EE_extra.jpg

???

I would be devastated if that happened to me (wouldnt let them touch my car anyway tbh)...
Any sort of detailer should be able to get it back to looking how it should id imagine though!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Jd will be able to bring it back to life and probably better to have it done now while its new and get some protection on the paint.

I recently had to do an 'emergency' detail on a Lexus is200 I'd done previously in the year. Guy wasnt up to washing the car but didn't care for driving it around dirty so took it down the local 'Iranian' wash place and it came out an absolute mess, I've never seen such bad swirls created just from one wash.

Clio 200 Cup
The manager from the car wash is coming to look at my car on monday. If he doesn't feel like paying for the rectification works then I'll simply tak ehim to the small claims court.

It was daft of me to use them really but it seemed conveneint and it looked like a fairly professional place. Never again.

Da

Less
I'm surprised, no, amazed, that they don't have some kind of disclaimer notice up stating that the car wash is used at your own risk.

Either way, good luck getting it sorted mate - a lesson learnt hey! :)

Iceberg 172
I take loads of my cars to the iranians down the road. They're ace!

I must admit, I have 2 local "eastern european" places near me who are great, both use "2 bucket method" with proper mitts. The other 2 local ones use dirty water and sponges or rags and I'd never take my car there.

Supermarkets / Multi Story car wash specials are definately a no no especially when there's no water supply!!!

Then again, I have an 8 year old 172 and I'm not that precious about it!!!!!

I wouldn't let anyone touch my car if it was brand new!!!!!

Good luck getting money out of them...

Hi Kevin, PM received and replied to. Little up against it today with work, so will get back in touch later today chap.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i took my car to the local hand wash on sat, never used them before.. well impressed £6 and it looked like new... dont think ill ever bother doing it myself again!! haha

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Im not going to read through what everyone else has posted, but to be quite honest, you deserve the result and i hope it takes you £100's of monies to get it rectified from your own hard earned cash, simply for being so f**king lazy and stupid.

I do mass valeting for a fleet of cars at work and while i do a good job i dont bother spending a long time on them, time is money and all that and customers dont think about swirls, as im sure most people dont. Im sure they are the same, get it clean and done and dusted etc. I am the only one that will ever wash my own car for this reason.
Tool.

Im not going to read through what everyone else has posted, but to be quite honest, you deserve the result and i hope it takes you £100's of monies to get it rectified from your own hard earned cash, simply for being so f**king lazy and stupid..

Calm down lol... IMO it doesnt matter whether you pay £5 or £500, they should not return your car in a worse condition than it was when it was given to them. They should pay for the paintwork to be rectified (or atleast most of the cost)! Granted, it was partially OP's fault for letting them do the work, but you shouldnt expect that from any sort of "car washer". I could get the kids on my street to do a better job.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The problem with places like these (unless you know of a particularly excellent one) -are that they are just that - a car wash. The vast majority of car owners - especially those with company cars who are expected to keep them relatively clean, will not give a flying fcuk. Chuck them the keys, come back in half an hour and the car is clean again.

The issue arises when people (me included) would take a bit of pride in how their cars' paintwork looks. We want a bit more TLC shown on our cars - a bit more time and a more focused effort. For that reason alone, I always wash my own car as I don't trust most of the car wash places.

That said, when I picked up my 182 from new at Reno Manchester, it had so many paint defects on it that I'm sure these guys at the Trafford Centre would have improved it! ;)

D.