ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had my renewal quote, oh man help

Focus RS
For ages i been saying how good Admiral were but had my renewal this morning and 735 quid aint good, last year i paid 700 so expected it to go down not up, I'm 29 this year so thought i would get a good quote so anybody got any good companies, gonna try confused and elephant now but sure someone mentioned greenlight who is on here, anybody got there phone number please.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
that expesnive, did they send you that through the post? As they always way over quote them at renue time.

Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
For ages i been saying how good Admiral were but had my renewal this morning and 735 quid aint good, last year i paid 700 so expected it to go down not up, I'm 29 this year so thought i would get a good quote so anybody got any good companies, gonna try confused and elephant now but sure someone mentioned greenlight who is on here, anybody got there phone number please.

I got a quote from greenlight on a 182 for 859 quid..

Im only 22,with 2 yrs ncb and 2 yrs exp.

Focus RS
that expesnive, did they send you that through the post? As they always way over quote them at renue time.

Sent through post thanking me for renewing and they would take the full amount out my account within the next few days, i phoned them and said at 735 quid love you better leave my account alone cos i can get cheaper elsewhere, she didn't even try to bring it down so sod em, cheeky gits just assumed i wanted to renew.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Sent through post thanking me for renewing and they would take the full amount out my account within the next few days, i phoned them and said at 735 quid love you better leave my account alone cos i can get cheaper elsewhere, she didn't even try to bring it down so sod em, cheeky gits just assumed i wanted to renew.

They all do it, try getting a quote as a new customer bet it will be cheaper.

M

mij29

Try Privilege, i was 30 when i 1st joined them. My qoute was £356 on 172 and i think it was £3 more on a 182. Just had my renewal in and it has droped to £336, not a masive difference but it's about £150-£200 cheaper than everywhere else i've tried.

Oh and you need 4 or more years no claims, i have 12years,

Rav4
Im 23 1 years no claims and 5 years driving, bmw convertible 323 sport is £657........ just called to change my car to a 330ci coupe sport e46 and thats only £43 extra for the anum (10 months to go)

This is will bell insurance.

Focus RS
Im 23 1 years no claims and 5 years driving, bmw convertible 323 sport is £657........ just called to change my car to a 330ci coupe sport e46 and thats only £43 extra for the anum (10 months to go)

This is will bell insurance.

Thanks will try them now

Lotus Elise 111R
I use privilege, 33yrs, max ncb, £313, but renewal quote in print was 390 !

Churchill will guarantee to beat any quote at the moment, not sure of conditions tho.

Good luck, I tried everyone, live in a good postcode area, and no points. Noone got close to privilege, even Direct line who do Privilege's underwriting, hmmmmm.

ClioIII 138 S
Did u try canceling your current insurance then taking out another policy with same company? my bro saved £115. They want new customers so will better prices for new quotes

D

dick

lol, NU wanted £1300 for renewal, did a new customer online £677

w*****s

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
NEVER EVER RENEW, always cancel your renewal and set up a brand new policy, its always cheaper at new business. Insurance companies don't make money from new business, they make money from renewals. Just get a new quote with the same company or a different company.

LY V6 with Recaros
Elepahnt were the same this year, my renewal was more than what I paid with them last year! Privilage beat it, was about £300 cheaper!

Focus RS
Wow people are gettin some good prices, after being on phone all day and filling out forms online i have got a quote of £600 fully comp from GSI insurance, tried greenlight but they are closed til monday so now the question is do i wait til monday? or do i take the GSI quote? not sure if greenlight could beat that.

Anyway a big thank you for all advice, nice to know there is help when needed.

I'm with Elephant (part of the admiral,bell group) they did exactly the same to me:dapprove:
When I called up to moan at them I got put through to an Indian woman who was a total moron:mad: she didn't have any power to do anything at all - I had already got another quote thru them on line (which was loads cheaper) quoted it & she tried to charge more than the renewal letter (the silly cow wouldn't even listen to me about mu online quote !)

I told her that I was wasting my time, took her name. I called up the next day, went straight to the supervisor (elephant handler lol) gave the Indian womans name & said how p*ssed of I was with her attitude & incompetence, gave the ref number of the quote i'd had - suddenly the quote matched - I then asked them to beat it or i'd be off - I got another £50 off for my troubles. Result:)

Focus RS
Wow people are gettin some good prices, after being on phone all day and filling out forms online i have got a quote of £600 fully comp from GSI insurance, tried greenlight but they are closed til monday so now the question is do i wait til monday? or do i take the GSI quote? not sure if greenlight could beat that.

Anyway a big thank you for all advice, nice to know there is help when needed.

Decided to wait til today and speak to greenlight, didn't think they would beat the 600 quote i had but they came back with £557 fully comp with mods declared (tints,viper,exhaust). I asked him to repeat the quote and shouted i would have it, well chuffed with that. The chap i spoke to was well friendly and very polite.

Big thank you to Greenlight Insurance.