ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had our first MK6 Golf GTI delivered

53 Clio's & counting
Very nice, good spec, black, 5 door, leather, DSG, multi function steering wheel, 18s etc etc

I will grab some decent pics up later when its in the workshop

Turbos.
Really like them, apart from the twin exhausts at the back. The GTI should be subtle, so for me the gimmicky exhausts are a step too far. Should have left them for the R32...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Seen a couple up here. Ironically on 09 plates before 09 was out?! :S Back of them look shiteeeee! Like the front. Shame the beatuiful 3.2l is gone!

Combo
I think they look amazing.

A bit like that W12 (?) they had on Top Gear a while back.

d0013535_49911a6645f61.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's nice. I'm still upset about the last one.

Pay all that money and they can't even be arsed to paint the full back bumper or the side skirts....oh but lets do another edition and paint them and we'll charge more!

I fvcking shite em'

Turbos.
It's nice. I'm still upset about the last one.

Pay all that money and they can't even be arsed to paint the full back bumper or the side skirts....oh but lets do another edition and paint them and we'll charge more!

I fvcking s**te em'

Maybe i'm on my own here but i prefer them not colour coded!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The MkVI really needs the optional 18's, too.

Bulkier front bumper and skirts make the 17's look smaller than on the MkV.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Really like them, apart from the twin exhausts at the back. The GTI should be subtle, so for me the gimmicky exhausts are a step too far. Should have left them for the R32...

Maybe (like Audi) - they are trying to blur the lines of distinction between the top-end models and the next ones down?

I mean, look at the Audi S range. From a lot of angles, they are very subtle and don't crave attention. Yet they happily just add S-Line options on pretty much everything - adding tweaks and visual touches that make the mundane Audis look a lot more special.

Personally, I don't like that. To me, the flagship models should be in a niche of their own to stand out and remain high above the remainder of the model fleet. I wouldn't want my RS4 (even at a distant glance) to look anything like an A4 TDi with several S-Line options on it.

You're paying for the privalege to have something that looks special. Why the hell should everyone else enjoy the same....... for half the cost? ;)

D.

Turbos.
They don't care though, they make more money...

The powerful models cost relatively little to develop considering what they sell for. All of the manufacturers go for the 'halo' effect these days.

You could argue manufacturers like Subaru are missing a trick. You see more hot Imprezas than the rest of the Subaru range put together! They'd sell far more 1.6 Imprezas if externally they were the same as an STI.

Agreed though, shame for people who actually buy something like an RS4.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Although, if your eyes actually work properly, it's easy to spot a real RS4. The wide arches are the main giveaway.

Then there's the noise!

Correct me If I am wrong but the new incarnation of the GTI I supposed to be pretty pokey (unlike the previous 2 variants :rasp:), not far off RS clio pace IIRC?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They don't care though, they make more money...

The powerful models cost relatively little to develop considering what they sell for. All of the manufacturers go for the 'halo' effect these days.

You could argue manufacturers like Subaru are missing a trick. You see more hot Imprezas than the rest of the Subaru range put together! They'd sell far more 1.6 Imprezas if externally they were the same as an STI.

Agreed though, shame for people who actually buy something like an RS4.
The exact reason in simple terms ford decide not to colour code door moulding on lower models, obv they would sell more 1.4's if it looked better externally but they don't care.

We need pics ;)

Quite liking these atm, can't help but feel they've just facelifted the previous one and mashed it into a Scirocco t hough.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Correct me If I am wrong but the new incarnation of the GTI I supposed to be pretty pokey (unlike the previous 2 variants :rasp:), not far off RS clio pace IIRC?
Mk5 GTi is slightly quicker than a 1*2 in a straight line.

53 Clio's & counting
Got it in the w/shop now, looks nice, not a fan of the exhaust either, iv taken a load of pics so il put them up when i get home tonight, 6pm for anyone who's interested

53 Clio's & counting
actually after driving a fair few different ones, doing the infamous bridge test, iv found the gti is no faster, but thats for another thread!

Funnily enough the engine looks like a 1.4 tsi lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
que the infamous 'twisties' quote ;)
On the evidence of a few nights ago, not much in it. Lacks a bit of agility in slower corners and quick direction changes, but just as quick through faster corners. Obviously better mid-range punch.

I drove a MK4 GTI at the weekend - one of these puppies:

golf4.jpg

It felt so slow, laboured and unresponsive compared to the clio, really was a dull drive. Lets hope the new one proves to be better than its predecessors!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I got arse straddled from a White Ed 30 about 3 weeks ago, my launch was tremendous aswell. Kept with it until 5-60 but after that he must have thought my handbrake was still applied lol

53 Clio's & counting
I got arse straddled from a White Ed 30 about 3 weeks ago, my launch was tremendous aswell. Kept with it until 5-60 but after that he must have thought my handbrake was still applied lol

lol not suprised mate, bearing in mind the modest power increase, the Ed30's are alot nippier, in fact circa 18 mph faster at the bidge test

I've seen a couple of non -GTI mk6's around, to me it's lazy styiling on the face lift. I had to do a double take the first time I saw one.

Oh and I know it's OT - I still don't like Scirocco's.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I think theyre lovely. As are the mk5's. Remap and your away.

As for the Mk4, they are lardy and nothing on the newer ones. However, my mates with just a remap and filter is quicker than both a 182 and ctr. Tried and tested loads of times.