ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just leathered 2 MR2’s at the same time..

1 white one, must have been just a 2.0 16v, following me up my arse all the way through town, as soon as we met the by pass, whooosh by me, 100 yards in front roundabout at the airport, undertook him and were both neck and neck coming off it, floored it and managed to get in front of him quite easily all the way to the next roundabout, by this time he was at my left back wing with a car in front of me getting closer, had to floor it again, just made it in front again without a shunt, then nearly got killed when approaching the next roundabout when this vectra indicates to change lanes swerved out the way just in time to come right up behing my mate who has a burgundy MR2, 2.0 16v also, both them laughing wondering what the fukc was goin on, prob found out when this white one is still tailing me, at this point we are all coming to a big eroundabout where the left turn just follows round so no need to stop and give way, theres me booting it round this slip raod at 60mph, with these 2 MR2s on my arse, floored it once again through all gears leaving the 2 of them for dust, all the way to 132mph for a few miles to my turn off for home, mates in the red one flashing me away, then again this white mailto:b@stard">b@stard following me off the slip road, to a wee roundabout, he had no chance now as i know the road inside out, clear road ahead, full beam on and away,

what a buzz! my first real race with my williams and it did me proud, this is the first time ive actually had the nuts to test out its handling ability and it was sh*t hot especially on the roundabouts, a few near misses but at least the willy came out on top!

Oh no! Not another irresponsibility arguement. 99% of us have got carried away in the heat of the moment out on the open road. No need to fall out over it!

Edit - although probably best not to mention speeds attained over 100mph!

Quote: Originally posted by Tiger on 31 May 2003

yikes, chill, couldnt let a pair of MR2s piss on me though, busy road or not!
Far enough but i hate it when people say "the do gooders" as I spent 2 years working for the highways having to go to all the fatalities and saw plenty of people who where having fun but it went wrong.

I enjoy driving fast and on clear roads with no traffic i dont hang about either!

Quote: Originally posted by haitch on 31 May 2003

yawn, no such thing as a clear road, fekin mormons
I not going to argue on this haitch. If you got something to say then wait till you meet me at a meeting and say it, otherwise keep your insults to yourself!

I cant wait to meet you :mad:

Well done Tiger lad! I had some wee ned arse in a 5 door corsa try it near the airport as well last night coming back from Ayr, sat right behind me and i mean only a few feet behind until the roundabout at the airport so waited until the 70 zone and just left him behind

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Im not sure about the stats here, but Im guessin you raced the 2 old Toyatas?

My mate has a new one and they are rapid, not much too look at with the top up, but they are very torquey. And Im saying this because I went in a williams (;)) the night after going in the mr2, dont forget the new mr2 has an alumnium shell, so its light a f*ck.

As for the cornering on the Williams, they are ace, "Like on Rails", but you crash at 132mph, thats your problem m8 :sick:

Elise/VX220/R26

132 is pushing it m8 specially when theres other cars about, but well done anyway. Show the poofs with hardressers cars a thing or two about real mens cars hehe

Quote: Originally posted by Si_5 on 31 May 2003

Im not sure about the stats here, but Im guessin you raced the 2 old Toyatas?

My mate has a new one and they are rapid, not much too look at with the top up, but they are very torquey. And Im saying this because I went in a williams (;)) the night after going in the mr2, dont forget the new mr2 has an alumnium shell, so its light a f*ck.

As for the cornering on the Williams, they are ace, "Like on Rails", but you crash at 132mph, thats your problem m8 :sick:

one was an h plate and the other a j plate, both old ones, i read about the new ones and they dont look anything spectacular on paper? and the 132 mph was on a clear lit bypass which was dead at 11.30 at night, f**k doin that speed on a busy by pass!