ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just noticed...

...a huge water leak coming from the expansion tank, just after i came back from a little drive around bristol. Its not coming out the top, but one of the pipes connecting to it. Plus the water was all orangy/rusty coloured :(

is this bad news? or is it just a case of the car getting too hot and letting out the pressure through the pipes? Im hoping if i just top it back up tomorrow it should be ok? What are your thoughts?! Any help appreciated as this could be the 3rd time the car has gone back into the garage within 3 weeks of owning it, and im getting a bit annoyed/disappointed now :cry::mad:

Trophy

Might need to replace the pipe, which i can supply and if the coolant is that colour it needs flushing and replacing.

Mat.

ah that doesnt sound bad then! :) The car started fine today. Im gonna get some hose and flush the cooling system when ive got some spare time.

Im wondering why it got so hot tho and I havent noticed the fan kicking in, so ill check the thermostat. Do i just bridge the connections to test it? ive never done it b4

don't

LOL Mines kinda orange aswel, garage was meant 2 change oil and water b4 me gettin the car, hmmmm dont think they did somehow

will have 2 read my haynes manual and check all the bleeding points 4 the lil beast

dont fancy running on orange sh!te any longer, car will prob run a lil cooler aswel hopefully

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Mate you aint having too much luck are you!

Just get a new pipe on there and flush the system of that crappy water. Dont forget to add antifreeze though as its coming to that time of year!

Your fan should kick in when it reaches the Half way point. If it isnt, get it sorted asap because you dont want your head gasget going on you! Trust me, ive had it!

my fan definately doesnt come on at halfway! it goes over the 2/3rds mark and still doesnt come on :cry: well at least i know what the problems are now, before any serious damage was done!

ill look into the forte flush aswell :) ive heard alot of praise about this forte stuff (probably from you!)