ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just ordered clio 4

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yes they're completely different cars (How can you say they aren't :S)

200 is a 3 door hot hatch which averages 26/27mpg and costs £260 if not more to tax, not to mention repair.

Clio 4 is 5 door family car which will average 50mpg + cost peanuts to tax and cost nothing to repair for 4 years because of the 4+ package you get with buying a new car.

People who are in the market for a Clio 4 tCe won't be in the market for a Clio 200.

Then you're entering the new vs second hand discussion. Why would you buy a Clio 200 for £12k when you can get a 2nd hand m3 for £8k?

I thought you were switched on?
Your comment is the bizarre one!!!

completely different cars?!?!?!

No they aren't.

Two french fwd hatchbacks of similar age, size and price.

The running costs will be very similar and in fact the 200 will be the CHEAPER car to run once you include depreciation!!!!!!!!!!

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Yes they're completely different cars (How can you say they aren't :S)

200 is a 3 door hot hatch which averages 26/27mpg and costs £260 if not more to tax, not to mention repair.

Clio 4 is 5 door family car which will average 50mpg + cost peanuts to tax and cost nothing to repair for 4 years because of the 4+ package you get with buying a new car.

People who are in the market for a Clio 4 tCe won't be in the market for a Clio 200.

Then you're entering the new vs second hand discussion. Why would you buy a Clio 200 for £12k when you can get a 2nd hand m3 for £8k?

I thought you were switched on?

Look at her reasons to buy. She hasnt mentioned the need for 5 doors at all and as new clio ONLY comes with 5 doors does that mean the new RS and a late high spec 200 wont be competitors in few years? just because it has 5 doors??? is new Focus ST and Focus RS competiting for different buyers than old one was? because that again only comes in 5 doors.... Your argument there is flawed.

You yourself say the clios are similar size... so both could be family cars. They have similar space inside and luggage space.

Yes the 200 has worse fuel consumption.... but it will depreciate MUCH less than the new Clio will. Hence overall running costs will be the same or worse for the new one.

So I repeat. They are roughly the same kind of cars. Certainly very similar in that they are both fwd Renault hatchbacks of roughly same age, size etc and running costs! How is that not similar?

Put a 200 and Nadines new car next to 100 people who are not into cars and 99% of them will agree they are similar type and class of car completely.

and if people really understood running costs, rather than just mpg figures there would be ALOT more cross over of buyers as well!

Why mention the M3? thats a 300bhp plus RWD German super coupe that was originally around 50k new... hence the running costs can be alot heavier... and being that much older they are starting to have bigger problems and bigger bills. (and I know how much as have owned 2 E46 M3's, one from new)

You can get a battered Caterham academy car as well for £8k.... shall we throw one of those into the equation as well? they can do 40mpg on a run you know. So must be similar yes?

Pathetic dig about being switched on by the way? Why would someone who is 'Admin' be so purposely antagonistic?

Not trying to impress Nadine are we???

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Must say I can totally see where Porkie is coming from, double the fuel costs but half the depreciation does makes them a cost comparable option overall IMHO, so then it comes down to if you prefer the performance of the 200 or the new car feel of the TCE. Realistically a 200 still feels like a new car to me anyway but then Im used to old 172 clios, lol

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sorry but I completely disagree with you and i'm not about to ruin this thread responding to your comments that I don't agree with.

I have an opinion, you have an opinion (which you've explained better than your OP and justified the sweeping comments, hence my switched on comment), so I will leave it there and agree to disagree!

Look at her reasons to buy. She hasnt mentioned the need for 5 doors at all and as new clio ONLY comes with 5 doors does that mean the new RS and a late high spec 200 wont be competitors in few years? just because it has 5 doors??? is new Focus ST and Focus RS competiting for different buyers than old one was? because that again only comes in 5 doors.... Your argument there is flawed.

You yourself say the clios are similar size... so both could be family cars. They have similar space inside and luggage space.

Yes the 200 has worse fuel consumption.... but it will depreciate MUCH less than the new Clio will. Hence overall running costs will be the same or worse for the new one.

So I repeat. They are roughly the same kind of cars. Certainly very similar in that they are both fwd Renault hatchbacks of roughly same age, size etc and running costs! How is that not similar?

Put a 200 and Nadines new car next to 100 people who are not into cars and 99% of them will agree they are similar type and class of car completely.

and if people really understood running costs, rather than just mpg figures there would be ALOT more cross over of buyers as well!

Why mention the M3? thats a 300bhp plus RWD German super coupe that was originally around 50k new... hence the running costs can be alot heavier... and being that much older they are starting to have bigger problems and bigger bills. (and I know how much as have owned 2 E46 M3's, one from new)

You can get a battered Caterham academy car as well for £8k.... shall we throw one of those into the equation as well? they can do 40mpg on a run you know. So must be similar yes?

Pathetic dig about being switched on by the way? Why would someone who is 'Admin' be so purposely antagonistic?

Not trying to impress Nadine are we???

Swift Sport
These types of arguments can go on forever, I can see it from both sides though. I guess it just depends how you justify your comparisons when it comes to motoring.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Who cares really?

If the op is happy and wants a new car what's the problem?

Ive never been on a forum where people are criticised and analysed so much for buying things they want with their own money. It's really bizarre

RB 200
Pmsl! Spending £10k to save on fuel.

The 172 does around 30, this will do 40 at a guess.

Was only getting 32 out of my 1.4 mk 3 ... That's why it's not on the drive any more and there's a nice RB 200 in its place! I economised. 200 has warranty :p

04BGFF182CLIORS
Looks nice, enjoy trouble free motoring!

The whole 'cost the same to run' argument is pretty pointless - monthly running costs are what needs to be considered, of which this will be damn near half that of a RS200.

(on the assumption the monthly finance/loan repayments are the same)

RB 200
I bought my 1.4 and my 200 . Got 32 mph from the 1.4 and get 25.8 mpg from the 200 the only cost increase really is the price of fuel. And I can't control that unless I buy a twizy.
Ill also say that DUE TO AGE my insurance was £1100 on the 1.4 and for the 200 I paid £384. I'm only 22! It's incredibly cheap.

Mind you. I've not had ANY bother, touch wood, with either car. So getting them fixed isn't a issue.. Even though I have warranty and it wouldn't matter.

I think if she likes it, fair play. i doubt ill buy new RS due to this stupid 4 door thing, I think it looks stupid. But then again, I hated 200s til I bought it.

I hope you enjoy it!

Ps can I have your 172? Love them still!

Clio 4 :) 306GTI-6
whoa ok, i didnt go into the whole needing a family car thing coz i dont at the moment. Not to say i wont in the future. As for my 172 not being thirsty, compared to my 1.6 SXI astra i had prior to the 172, the 172 drinks like a fish.
depreciation etc never even entered my head, i know you lose a shed load when you drive it off the forecourt, for me its all about how little of a sore head the car is going to give me. Ive owned nothing but bangers and older cars since i could drive (10 yrs now) and ive nothing really to show for the thousands and thousands i have spent. Yes i agree i probably could have chosen a different car with the same cash but for me the clio has everything i want and need, not just for right now but for in 4 yrs too.
I didnt just buy a new car to save fuel, i bought a new car so i didnt have to worry about repairs, mot time, £137 6 months road tax, servicing etc. i also bought it as i have never owned a new car and i think she is pretty. I love it and cant wait to collect it.
i popped it up here for all to see and i totally expected the critiscm :)
James yes you can have my 172............. £1800 :)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
You picked the 16" wheels? With the Dynamique S MediaNav the 17" wheels are standard size?

We ordered a red Dynamique S MediaNav 1.5 DCi a week and a half ago though went for the black interior as, imo, the other colours are bad.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ENJOY IT, dont worry about everyone on here, realistically youll probably never meet any of them so it really doesnt matter what a bunch of strangers think.

Your life, live it how you want to :D

RB 200
ENJOY IT, dont worry about everyone on here, realistically youll probably never meet any of them so it really doesnt matter what a bunch of strangers think.

Your life, live it how you want to :D

well said, make the most of it! Bet it's fun. And not many people will have them! And I meant "have" as in ... Give me it :D haha

enjoy it there is a nice special feeling when you pick up a new car ,don't let anyone spoil that for you .

Everyone has different wants and needs and i am sure it meets yours perfectly .

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Driving your first new car out the garage is a good feeling, that sadly is also an expensive one!

Good luck and enjoy hopefully when you pick it up you could return and test drive the 200T!

I'm holding off until I drive the new 200T before I decide to buy one!

Listerine & Poledo
Why Nadine didn't just get a 1.6 focus is a mystery.

We all know its all the car you ever need (provided you don't mind a fixed-roof) and costs buttons in every single way.

Should have got a mid-90's S-class, they're only £5k

Etc.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My 1.6 focus is defo most reliable car I've owned, does he most mpg (better than my 118D) it's also the oldest and highest mileage car I've owned to. So she should have yes.

Why Nadine didn't just get a 1.6 focus is a mystery.

We all know its all the car you ever need (provided you don't mind a fixed-roof) and costs buttons in every single way.

Should have got a mid-90's S-class, they're only £5k

Etc.

Dont like the focus. And I wanted a brand new car hence why I didn't look at an S class

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
. As for my 172 not being thirsty, compared to my 1.6 SXI astra i had prior to the 172, the 172 drinks like a fish.

It really doesnt. I bet the difference would be almost nothing or the Clio actually more economical...

NOTHING wrong with wanting a new car at all though and I dont think you have bought the wrong car at all!!!!
it sounds perfect for what you want :) and wheels apart I like the look of them

ENJOY! :)

My only argument was with boosh who said someone else made a 'bizzare comment'

Meg 300Cup
whoa ok, i didnt go into the whole needing a family car thing coz i dont at the moment. Not to say i wont in the future. As for my 172 not being thirsty, compared to my 1.6 SXI astra i had prior to the 172, the 172 drinks like a fish.
depreciation etc never even entered my head, i know you lose a shed load when you drive it off the forecourt, for me its all about how little of a sore head the car is going to give me. Ive owned nothing but bangers and older cars since i could drive (10 yrs now) and ive nothing really to show for the thousands and thousands i have spent. Yes i agree i probably could have chosen a different car with the same cash but for me the clio has everything i want and need, not just for right now but for in 4 yrs too.
I didnt just buy a new car to save fuel, i bought a new car so i didnt have to worry about repairs, mot time, £137 6 months road tax, servicing etc. i also bought it as i have never owned a new car and i think she is pretty. I love it and cant wait to collect it.
i popped it up here for all to see and i totally expected the critiscm :)
James yes you can have my 172............. £1800 :)

Don't give away your age it ruins the fantasies ;) lol Jk

I like the look of the new clio especially the one in the ad, it's just the RS doesn't look like an RS to me

Clio 200
I'm not talking about Renaultsport versions, and besides a cup version of the RS version would be lighter still, but there won't be one.
OK re-entry-level, but I can't believe you just wrote that last statement :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Clio 172
When did neef get back in town?

The need/desperate virgins are actually intolerable in this thread.

Nice car though.

ff cup ur 200
i have got 29.2 mpg out of my 200 over the the 8000 miles since new and that is driving like a bell end quite alot.
does mr boosh work for renault by any chance?

Meg 300Cup
i have got 29.2 mpg out of my 200 over the the 8000 miles since new and that is driving like a bell end quite alot.
does mr boosh work for renault by any chance?

He must do, he says there wont be a new RS Cup, oh wait... that just means he's special

Here are some for real pics of my car, pick it up Friday. Went in today to sing the papers :)
DAFCBDB0-79D8-4855-9C70-46BC0500DA25-151-0000000D8BEBD525_zps1d5f29c2.gif

C49A96CD-E17F-4489-B986-B8032C8827DB-151-0000000D868C8D10_zps1711b1aa.gif

th_AEF4E5DB-4F2B-477E-906D-6162BC185916-151-0000000D8066C8BB_zps3dfe2965.gif

61CC0E09-B6BD-4A02-BF0F-50B7573443D8-151-0000000D741E090C_zpsf1f1b08a.gif

50284A9C-AFC4-4A4C-98E3-EA676D307052-151-0000000D7B1E072C_zpsa14246a8.gif

5386A5B0-114E-4D22-B30C-F91250A9D54F-151-0000000D91D48254_zps57d6ed24.gif

850ADF97-C59E-40E5-924A-76644F68D861-151-0000000D9912C275_zps10b4ae2b.gif

A5BA7318-366A-41E9-A24B-5084826559D0-151-0000000D9EB7BB9B_zpsd5dc6b11.gif

459D33D6-F9A8-4EED-99DA-0ABE8D1B87BF-151-0000000DA59D1487_zps580e8da1.gif

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think it looks nice, just all 5 of the wheels let it down.

Turinis and retrim ftw.

is that steering wheel an option? Or standard.