ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just paid £150 for a new clio key...

Mr2 Roadster
And they won't even give me a refund if it doesn't work, what's going on in the world? :dead:

Black Gold 182
if it doesnt work, get them to recode it, and if that doesnt work get them to claim for a new one under parts warranty.

you'll get a full years on that...

Mr2 Roadster
Thanks Dan!

The car has become a recycling bin whilst it won't start so £150 to get it going so I can stop the Mrs. filling with old bottles and tins isn't bad!

Mr2 Roadster
Could they not have plugged it in first and made sure it was the key?

I asked, they said no!

Guy had no idea about the ECU, Ring Decoder, Key circuit/system. Just hope it's not the ECU, lots of cash, Ring Decoder is cheap if it's that!

Mine is away into Renault to start had starting problems on and off for two months now. The auto locksmith I phoned said it couldn't be the key if it worked sometimes and not others but who knows.

I did ask Renault and they said we can do you a key for around £125 but if you want us to plug it in and diagnose it first it will be another £30 so going to take that option if I can. What's wrong with yours anyway does the light stay on or flash?

Mr2 Roadster
youve been bummed there

That happened the day I bought a Renault!

I have the intermitant imobiliser problem, I'm pretty certain the Decoder is ok as Mike CLIPed it a year ago and tested it. It has to be the key but Renault are w*****s, no other way to explain that!

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
So lets get this right, you have bought a product, regardless of what it is, and they have said, o by the way you do know if our product is faulty then, well your stuck with it unlucky.
And you still bought it,
Need i say more,

O superfast dan. I liked the

coming
seen
you
hahaha made me chuckle

Mr2 Roadster
It's not that the product will be faulty, just that it may not fix the problem.

As long as I get the thing started at some point who cares how much it costs. I can give the spare key to anyone who might want to use the car as I never do anyway.

80MPG BEEZA
i think most reno dealers have no idea when it comes to the security of the car = keys, when i wanted mine coding after the 2.0 coversion they said they just needed to code keys it'll be £60 after having my car 2 days the price had gone from £60 to £1200 then to asking for an open cheque book, took my car down to matt black and he had it going in 2 hours costing me £250

Joe might be wrong but I think what he meant is if the key doesn't solve his problem he will be stuck with it.

Does anybody know if you disconnect the fuse for the UCH for 2 weeks if it will do anything?My problems started after that and i've heard they can lose there programming it works sometimes though.

80MPG BEEZA
It's not that the product will be faulty, just that it may not fix the problem.

As long as I get the thing started at some point who cares how much it costs. I can give the spare key to anyone who might want to use the car as I never do anyway.

if you dont care how much it costs send me the car i'll get it sorted and send you the bill £££££££££

80MPG BEEZA
Joe might be wrong but I think what he meant is if the key doesn't solve his problem he will be stuck with it.

Does anybody know if you disconnect the fuse for the UCH for 2 weeks if it will do anything?My problems started after that and i've heard they can lose there programming it works sometimes though.

im sure its only the keys that lose the code and not the uch

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v

Yes so my point is sort of the same, he has bought something that may may not work, I mean surely if anyone was spending £150 on something they would want it to work.

Imagine going to your wife here's a new iron but it may not work, lol

Mr2 Roadster
The way I look at it is pay to get it done and then the car is working, then it's there to use if I need it, no point in not poaying the money and not using the car, it gets older and worth less by the day.