ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just picked up my new car....

BMW M3
....and god do i love it !

BMW E46 M3 SMG. 54 plate, FBMWSH, 40k.

Always loved these and just thought "you only live once".

It does everything so effortlessly. Drove up from Leeds to Edinburgh yesterday and nearing home thought it give it some and christ does it move.

Every gear it just flys in.... seems to accelerate in higher gears just as fast as 2nd etc... Constantly pulling at the same pace and then bottled it but the noise is awesome. Very impressed.

Then in town its a breeze, not a handful at all. Best of all I averaged 35 mpg all the way... even with my enthusiastic moments.

Anyway, a few pics....

photo9.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo16.jpg

BMW M3
:approve: looks pretty tidy that does. cheap to run i'm sure lol. enjoy it anyway

Well, it will be doing 4-5k a year so no biggy really. Big service 5k ago and tax is only £215 so cant think of much cost this year anyway. Insurance not too bad either now im the magic 25.

Golf R soon...
Very nice! The car I should have bought last year really, instead of those bloody hot hatches lol

S23

The Cleee-O
Mmmmm, beautiful car and epic choice of colour! Hope you enjoy it and it's twitchy rear ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Brilliant, brilliant cars. I'd have picked a manual, but that's the best colour by a mile.

I'll have one, one day!

BMW M3
Haha Naith, made me laugh.

Thanks for your appreciation guys.

Cant wait to get in it again.... trying to think of a need to other than for the hell of it.

Has all the toys i can think of..

SMG, TV, sat nav, Bluetooth & iPhone kit, iPod and usb connection, Double optic headlights and heated seats, oh and Harman kardon sound system.

Love it

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Gotta love that new car feeling. You just drive anywhere for the sake of it.

Have you had any RWD cars before? 340bhp must be tempting to have a play with... I know I would. :eek:

BMW M3
Gotta love that new car feeling. You just drive anywhere for the sake of it.

Have you had any RWD cars before? 340bhp must be tempting to have a play with... I know I would. :eek:

Well, I had an older 535 over the winter so that honed my oversteer.

340 bhp is a different story though.

RS4
35 mpg?? You must have one light foot, I average 27mpg tops and thats driving like a fairy. It looks lovely though

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Love it mate!!!
Have seriously been thinking about one of these over the last couple of weeks!
Reckon it would probably be cheaper to run than the scooby too.
Would have to go for manual though :)

BMW M3
Cheers all !

Well, that 35mpg did include about 30mins of cruise control at 50 (road works with specs)

I couldnt decided whether to have a manual or smg but decided to give it a try... looks smart too and tbh im already liking it alot.... nice novelty.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it, best colour mate well payed.

Where in Edinburgh are you?

e91 330d/type r mini
nice car mate you will love the smg the more you drive it :)
great coulor combo;)
cant beat the little iphone craddle mod that isnt a direct fit but worth the work.
oh and watch out for those 172s they'll have ya ;)