ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just picked up my new Clio 172 :D

Hey guys
I just picked up my renault clio sport 172 :D

Im really impressed, Been waiting a week since I put the deposit down, im so glad to have it on MY drive at last. :D

Previous car octavia turbo diesel, clio matches it upto 4k RPM then it takes off lol

By the way has anyone upgraded their standard xenons? or are they good enough as standard? I wont be using mine untill tomorrow night.

Some pics :rasp:
DSC01978NP.jpg

DSC01980NP.jpg

DSC01983.jpg

DSC01979.jpg

Last edited:

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Looks good mate.

Don't know of anyone upgrading the xenons tbh, but silvervisions tidy the lights up a treat and get rid of the fried egg look.

I take it back, the xenons are AMAZING !

The 1 problem I have with the car is the clutch pedal, I cant get my foot on it very well...?

I dont plan of doing any mods yet, maybe some team dynamics pro race 1.2s :D

172 Cup
Welcome to the CS, where abouts in Kent you from? Car looks nice, you'll get used to the clutch

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Looks tidy mate. Always found std xenon's plenty good enough myself;)

Would be concerned about the Nankang NS2 though...

RB 182
I upgraded my bulbs to 6000k (Range Rover, Audi colour) when one of my bulbs went. Cost £30odd and was well worth it. I found the standard to look too 'white', but the 6000k look perfect without going past the chav line!

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Never had Nankang's myself, but never known anyone who has rated them. I'm sure some people don't mind them, i've just never found one!!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Best age and colour ;)

Iv got nankangs on mine atm, they aint bad tyres imo, but not the best.

260% JCW
Nankangs are the cheapest tyres you can get, or they were when i last looked. Had them on the 172 when i 1st got it. Best 1st mod was to get shot of them.

Not far from Dover! Folkestone :) Welcome to CS
Cheers, might see you about then :)

Looks very nice mate!

Did you get it from redcar by any chance?
No I got it from a dealer near Canterbury

Nankangs are the cheapest tyres you can get, or they were when i last looked. Had them on the 172 when i 1st got it. Best 1st mod was to get shot of them.
They grip well in the dry, and the wet I havnt lost grip under normal driving conditions.
Just as long as you dont use any throttle when going over 'slightly wet' painted white lines on the road lol. - but I should know better (im a biker too)