ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just replaced my MBP

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
As some of you know i got a 15" MBP less than 3 weeks ago. Since i got it i had 3 sticky keys inc the caps lock which i use all the time.

Went in today. Boom brand new one. I asked why he said for your convenience sir. What more could i say.

Once again this company need an award for customer service.. Well done them

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
What did they do about the data on it eug?? I was really curious as to whether they just transferred it in store???

Well i thought this too. so I took my external WD hard drive with me. When they said they would replace it he gave me some time to back up and restore the laptop then off i went. Im using the new one new. Restored perfectly. Exactly to how it was before..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Is it easy to migrate all personal data on the mac's then? If somone gave me like an hour in a shop with my pc laptop, i'd never have enough time!!!

Iirc this was through pc world was it not? Doesn't matter where it comes from with apple though I think, as long as it's straight

Monaro VXR
All depends on how much data there is to be fair. I mean TB's worth of data just can't be backed up quickly. A barely used laptop has likely got very little on it.

Easy enough to migrate a windows machine as well. Apps built into windows for it.

They are good customer service wise though, however they just replaced the case on mine when it cracked. You get a whole new machine for a sticky key:dapprove:.

Couldnt you just have used a firewire cable and migrated all data to the new machine?

I do this all the time at works. Although it is with mac mini's/iMacs.