ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just returned - quiet on here

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Had a PH1 in 2007 between 2007 and 2010 then came back on here from 2013-2015 when I had a 197.

Just came back on (with a 1.2 mk2 ☹️) and it might be in my head but it seems very quiet on here compared to what I remember.

What’s happened? Did Renault get the mk3 and mk4 wrong? Have people gone to other forums? Facebook, Instagram, etc?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not exactly dead but just not how I remember.

PH2 172
Had a PH1 in 2007 between 2007 and 2010 then came back on here from 2013-2015 when I had a 197.

Just came back on (with a 1.2 mk2 ☹️) and it might be in my head but it seems very quiet on here compared to what I remember.

What’s happened? Did Renault get the mk3 and mk4 wrong? Have people gone to other forums? Facebook, Instagram, etc?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not exactly dead but just not how I remember.

It`s Boxing Day.

Many are in a semi catatonic state.

Clio 182
In the early days it was all about expensive induction kits and the 2 bucket cleaning method.

It’s much quieter on here now I agree.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Most car forums are quieter than they used to be. Social media has hurt things. This is still the most lovely I know.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah much quieter now most of the regulars of old have left.

I'm definitely not as active as I was. But baby and not having a Clio has probably been the main reasons.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Younger lads normally use Facebook groups I would imagine, I much prefer this though, although it has got quieter over the years but it’s far from dead.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Does seem even quieter the last few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Must agree it’s a lot quieter both the sales section and the general forum. There’s still the regulars which is good.

All these lease deals on bmw’s And VW’s can’t have helped. Who wants to tinker with an old Renault when you can just have a comfy car to go quick in a straight line with and impress all your mates!

Clio f1 r27
I’m new to this site, mainly as I’ve just got a Clio for tracking and I have to say it’s a lot better then the fiesta st owners club. When the new one came out it it’s turned to “how much can I get from a remap”? or “how can I make it pop and bang”?

This site still has people willing to try and do different things that involve engineering not just plug and play.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'd really hate if it this placed died... been years since I owned a Clio and to be honest I might never again, but this place is my Facebook lol. Come here for the laughs more than anything :) only forum I've stuck to.

PH2 172
I’m new to this site, mainly as I’ve just got a Clio for tracking and I have to say it’s a lot better then the fiesta st owners club. When the new one came out it it’s turned to “how much can I get from a remap”? or “how can I make it pop and bang”?

This site still has people willing to try and do different things that involve engineering not just plug and play.

Well obviously in the main, the socio economic class of this forum has changed, as it is now primarily for enthusiasts on a limited budget, and not the

smug Hooray Henry`s that you will find on fiesta/focus ST/RS forums, and this forum was probably like that in it`s early days, when everyone had a new 172 or

A few of the older middle aged dinosaurs are still here, rambling on about their M3, RS4 or GT3, , but nobody is really interested.

That said, there must be some real knob heads on the Tesla forum, which you cannot join unless you provide proof of ownership, like that`s going to spread the word.