ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just seen my new motor!

saw three of the sexiest cars on the road today! three mazda rx-8s in my local petrol station. so pulled over and had alook.apperantly one of the drivers told me they were doing evaluation drives with them. nice blokes as they let me rumage all over them,while they were more interested in my 172..........did someone say swap!!!!!

they are great looking cars,a lot better than the pics in motor magazines.and those suicide doors are just mental(also 185 kw,9500 rpm rotary engine,four very comfortable seats and fantastic looks help).

sorry i love my clio but if the quest-imated on road price is correct, im off to the mazda dealer with my cheque book and the clio in tow.(but in the meantime ill try to forget about the potential sky high fuel costs and insurance).

for anyone who hasnt seen one heres the wb site www.rx-8.com.au

ps:- whats happening,is everyone getting out of there 172s? or are we just never happy...........(ie-me,always looking for a new toy)www.rx-8.com">

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

they are 1.3 engines aint they i know they are rotary engines but is fule useage that high on them ??? i guess if u dont ragg it to 9000 rpm all the time u wont use that much.

i can keep on dreeming i still want a rx7 lol.

malicE

I keep going on and off rx-7s. I saw them and liked them and then found out the engines only do 75k and went off them. then i found out how light and fast they were and liked them again, then i found out they do about 14mpg if you take it easy. I dont know.

The rx-8 is supposed to be better on fuel than the rx-7, but then its not as quick.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

sat in the concept at birmingham (yeah!!! love that press pass)

its a very odd motor it was very comfy but i dunno if its as sporty as the old rx7 or an s2000

VW Potato

I doubt its as sporty as the old RX-7 or the S2000 - its pitched as much more of a sporty/unique alternative to a 3series rather than a rocket like the lovely old rx-7

g

Yeah i think theyre going for their own niche

Tom, i had an aston martin pass, i got to wave at the paupers lol!, and sat in the 2003 vanquish, what a fat stereo!!

I couldnt stop drooling over the new V6 clio either!

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 21 January 2003

they are 1.3 engines aint they i know they are rotary engines but is fule useage that high on them ??? i guess if u dont ragg it to 9000 rpm all the time u wont use that much.

i can keep on dreeming i still want a rx7 lol.

malicE
They are 1.3 litre engines, but they are in effect two engines, so the real size is 2.6 litre.

apperantly they are going to make an all new rx-7 next year.

love the s2000 until i sat in one...........just look at that instrument setup,way too much watching of "night rider" on late nite telly me thinks.(and a plastic rear window.....should be glass for that money).and i have heard reports of not brilliant reliability of vtec unit,most new owners cant wait to hit their 9000rpm high so they forgo the run-in period.....not very wise as the v-tec is hand built with matched components and naturally highly strung.....great while under warranty but the poor soul who gets it next wont be so lucky.

no, im still impressed with the rx-8.looks more practical than a two seat 350z.i like the look of the 350zed, but why are the door handles so big and a different colour at that?.......but ooohh the convertible version looks sexy!

aarrrghhh too many choices...........so what car next?(not a 3 series though,way to common!!!!!!!!)

s2000, love one of them, they screeeeeeeeeeeeeam, yeah ur rite about bmws grant, way way to common, see em all the time now, anyone can have one now, not like they used to be

Matt

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by GRANT on 22 January 2003

apperantly they are going to make an all new rx-7 next year.

love the s2000 until i sat in one...........just look at that instrument setup,way too much watching of "night rider" on late nite telly me thinks.(and a plastic rear window.....should be glass for that money

it is now its been facelifted

damn, im not having much luck today, that was supposed to be the mazdaspeed rx-8, v nice looking.

There, ive editted it to be a link instead.