ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just spent £665 :-(

Ph2 172
I'm £665 lighter now! :dapprove:

I'm afraid it's not on performance mods either!

List as follows -

Tax - £115
Rear discs and pads and wheel bearings £150
Dampers all round - £200
Front wheel bearing £50
Labour - £150

I'm looking for some sympathey! The 172 now drives so much better! :evil:

Nick.

320d
I'm £665 lighter now! :dapprove:

I'm afraid it's not on performance mods either!

List as follows -

Tax - £115
Rear discs and pads and wheel bearings £150
Dampers all round - £200
Front wheel bearing £50
Labour - £150

I'm looking for some sympathey! The 172 now drives so much better! :evil:

Nick.

I have no sympathy. You get to drive a 172.

Ph2 172
How did the car feel when the front wheel bearing went? Thinking i might need something similar...

It felt fine. It was just the annoying whirrrrring sound that increased with speed! Totally silent now! The handling is so much more improved it's unreal. This thing can really go round corneres now! Could do with some better tyres but they've got plenty of tread left so going to leave it for a while!

Clio 172 Cup
I can beat that lol! ive just dropped £1405 on my 172...

New gearbox(inc labour)- £1180
new clutch- £120
6 months tax- £105

still i picked it up today and have only driven it 6 miles, but ive fallen inlove again after being off the road for 3 months!

worth EVERY penny :)

Last edited:
  Ph2 172
I can beat that lol! ive just dropped £1405 on my 172...

New gearbox(inc labour)- £1180
new clutch- £120
6 months tax- £105

still i picked it up today and have only driven it 6 miles, but ive fallen inlove again after being off the road for 3 months!

worth EVERY penny :)

OUCH! When I picked mine up I enjoyed driving it back. I just get no traction at all in 1st or 2nd gear. Is thi normal?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
lol, how about mine then, Mercedes CD Changer fitted and some trick coding to unlock some features (tank content, auto folding mirrors etc) £560. That's with me sourcing the CD changer myself £200 cheaper.

182 has now gone!
I have got to pay about the same price for a cambelt and a 36k service.. Wanna try and leave it till after xmas, but dont think I can!!!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I have got to pay about the same price for a cambelt and a 36k service.. Wanna try and leave it till after xmas, but dont think I can!!!

Not a great time to have to get it changed but god forbid it snaps, then you have some serious problems!

Phase 1 172, boxster
ive just paid 380 for a new heater matrix and oil light sensors, and now around 250 for a new battery front discs and pads on the corrado let alone luxuries such as services so take that claire lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Take it to a reputible Independant garage mate Renault will have KY Jelly at the ready when they see you coming with plastic!

I got mine done along with a service for £550:eek:

182 has now gone!
ive just paid 380 for a new heater matrix and oil light sensors, and now around 250 for a new battery front discs and pads on the corrado let alone luxuries such as services so take that claire lol

blah blah blah!!! ;)

Danny 172... There is no way its going to a Renault dealer, I am a woman but I am not that stupid!! lol

Phase 1 172, boxster
blah blah blah!!! ;)

lol also thanks for the text, cars in the garage atm having the discs and pads changed but they are having to drill off the locking wheel nuts cos i cant find the socket lol:eek: so scotland trip is on hold for the moment lol

Ph1
If you had shopped about for the parts they could have been sourced a damn site cheaper matey

Not by much, thats all typical pricing but the labour costs could have been ditched.

Chances are all those parts wont have worn out all at the same time. Probably in different states of wear but decided to replace all in the one go :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
blah blah blah!!! ;)

Danny 172... There is no way its going to a Renault dealer, I am a woman but I am not that stupid!! lol

Sorry i thought you were male, how very presumptuos of me!

A ladyee with a Renault Sport, how erotic...

Next you will be telling us you can cook aswell :eek: lol

S4 Avant
wish I could get my car straight for £655 :dapprove:

I need, a respray £700?
Aux belt service £500
Passenger seat stiching up £100
Tax £210

£1510 :(