ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just T-cut my car

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
it was looking really dull due to dust etc, also its that non metallic blue colour tht alot of mk2 ph1's are.

First time i have used T-cut was a little scared.

washed her wish special shampoo, chamoid (sp?).

then T-cut the ho.

looks f**king amazing, soooo fresh and shiney. defo using it again soon,

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
lol first time i ever hav lol took ages lol killed my right arm all tht rubbing. haha

no didnt use sealant, should i have, woops

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
CRAP CRAP CRAP so i did it for nothing, i assume it will still be shiney.

u rekon i will have to chamois it again then get some wax for it or wat.

i no nothin please help lol

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
u suggest anything or jus pic one from the local halfrauds. will the rain ruin the work i did yesterday with the t-cut u rekon. its only spitting lol.

ST
Stick some auto glym super resin polish onto it tho you'll have to wash it again before you put on the super resin..

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
christ your joking thts friekin annoying aahh i will do it on saturday then i have a reason to wash it again for the star city meet lol

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
lol well i was gona but then rememberd i couldnt find the connector for fone to pc etc.

but it had gone really dull similar to wat red cars do after a while like looked more matt coloured.

its really shiney now though, very pleased looks alot deeper blue.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
haha tell me about really gutted now cos the difference is amazing, looks like nothing had been done on it like tht since new in 1998 so u jus need to imagine lol.

mk2 ph1
T-cut is really harsh mate and cuts down quite deep into the paint.

Loads of better products out there imo.

Will get up a list of what i have in the morning or something.

106 GTi
The main problem with T-Cut is it tends to adds lots of very fine swirl marks into the paint while it attends to any major paint issues - it is a fairly harsh old fashioned type abbrassive and hard to work by hand. Maybe worth looking at the paint under bright forecourt type lights.

T Cut continues to cut the same froms it's just applied state or when it has been worked for a while. Newer products start of abbrassive but break down and dimish to a finer finishing polish to avoid the swirls the likes of T-cut puts in.

As others have said get some sealant or wax on the paint now as it is just clean unprotected paint.

I'm pretty sure it was T-Cut I used on my old old old mk2 fiesta. Was through the paint in a matter of seconds lol.

clio 182 black /gold
I used T cut once or twice a long time ago and i swore never to use it again. Well the paint was shot at lol. Your a brave person. :). Pics of the result?

1.6 16v
If i was you i wound invest in a good set of cleaning products!

Polish - AG SRP
Sealant - AG EGP
Wax - Colinite 476 - Quite Durable.

Theres 3 for 2 at halfords at the minutes tooooo. :)

You need some protection on the paint now you have used t-cut.

Steve

visualize whirled pe
I've used T-Cut for years. With living down country lanes, and being driven off the road every other day by tractors + the like, the sides of my car get scratched by the hedges.
So long as you are carefull by not pressing too hard and not out there every weekend doing it, there is a low risk of going through the paint.
You stand more chance of doing that using a pc with better quality product.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
cheers guys, yeah i didnt do it to much, and it was by the looks of things never done before, as paint had started to fade.

its looks like new paint now, much much better, think i will do it again in september jus before i sell it.