ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Waiting at lights.... Patiently...When....

clio 172 black
DSC00347.jpg
DSC00339.jpg
DSC00337.jpg
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABOOOOOM!

Rear ended at around 40 or so MPH whilst stationery. Hit hard by a K reg Beemer! Floorpan is fucked obvious bonnet/tailgate/Light/Bumpers Damaged!

Is it gonna be a write off do we think?????

Hmmmmm

DSC00338.jpg

That's a shitter. Always complicates the insurance when you hit someone because someone has hit you as well.

Edit: did you see him coming in the mirror?

clio 172 black
Na the guy at insurance has sed everyone will claim off the guy at the back...

First thing he said to me was sorry!!

OOpsy!!!!

Wow pics look worse that i thought they would mate, as i said on msn gutted, sorry to hear this.

Gona replace it like for like ?

clio 172 black
Does anyone think this will be repaired?

Floorpan is damaged....

Is this a write off?

I wanna keep the 2.2 vectra for a little while now!

lol

Leon Cupra 300
Gutted, sorry to hear about that. I would be suprised if they fix it up for you mate. Hows your neck?;)

clio 172 black
has anyone on here had a similar experience??

was it written off?

Whats the rules for a write off / total loss?

Can this mess be repaired?!

Mk2 Golf GTI
May be worth geting an X-ray mate. There's a tiny bone in the upper spine that can become fractured and possibly cause paralysis if it's jarred or manipulated in the wrong way. It's not likely but best to be safe

Ouch, how does it work when you hit the person in front for not having your handbrake on?

You'll get a nice bit of compo for that. I'd get yourself down the doctors first thing in the morning.

Mk2 172
I reckon it will be written off. Especially if the chassis is damaged. if it costs more than 30% or so of the value of the car they will usually just write it off. mite be wrong tho!

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
What a sickner. I was shunted at lights just before xmas - totalled the bumper, boot and shoved in rear end about two inch. Car was written off but it was a seven year old marea 20v, insurance paid more than i expected but no injury so didnt claim compo.

Lotus Elise 111R
I reckon it will be written off. Especially if the chassis is damaged. if it costs more than 30% or so of the value of the car they will usually just write it off. mite be wrong tho!

Ah, but don't forget that is only if your insurance is paying, if you are hit from behind then the other guys insurance is paying so it will almost certainly be repaired.

IIRC the guy you hit in front will claim off you, but it is forwarded onto the guy behinds insurance, who in turn will claim that you hit the guy in front first, hence causing the guy behind to hit you and get a 50/50 claim.... unpleasant thought but the threat of court action usually clears it up, eventually...don't expect your excess back in a hurry though.

clio 182 black /gold
I would say not a write off. I had a corsa with air con with both bent radiators and more broken glass. I.E both head lights 1 rear light etc. Ouch that is nasty :(

S1RST/205GTI
Cant tell of the pics mate,all depends on the price of the parts and things,any airbags,seatbelt pretensioners gone off ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That clio is, without a doubt, going to be written off.

Get yourself down to SJCooks and replace it... lol

VX220 Turbo
it'll be touch and go as the value of the car will still be pretty high. it depends where you take it to be estimated, if you want it writing off take it to a big company if you wnt it fixed take it to a small place who charge less for labour

ford focus
gutted for you mate hate beamer drivers always see em undertaking on the motorway nearly causin crashes, you should of got out holding your back

clio 172 black
The other insurance company (the guy who hit me) have accepted full liability! and are offering compensation for my injuries. I dont have to pay any excess as its all done on a credit agreement...

Got a brand new hire car coming this morning.

Just really angry its written off most probably!!
What to buy next! depending on their payout!!!

:(

Ad

MK2 FRS
will 99% be a write as other have said. If they have admitted liability striaght away then the claim should be pretty straight forward!

Make sure you hire car is of similar standard, i.e. a hot hatch, not just any old supermini.