ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k&n 57i or pipercross induction kit ?

Renault mk2 phase 1
hi ive got a 1.2 8v 1999 mk2 ph1

which induction kits best works with this engin

which sounds better ect ?

an wot looks the best ?

post any pics please an make sure you put wot it is as well

thanks peps

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
get a viper.. the rest are w**k.. (even though i have one of the above lol)

Or just replace panel filter!

Golf GTI 1.8T
for best sound your probably best going for the 57i

Clio G-B has the same engine as you and I think he's pleased with his same as I am mine! :D

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
M1TCH said:
for best sound your probably best going for the 57i

Clio G-B has the same engine as you and I think he's pleased with his same as I am mine! :D
cant go wrong with k&n cause for one there made of cotton which is proven to be better than foam/sponge like the viper uses! plus i think the viper is well overpriced and the ducting looks like a tumble dryer pipe! lol also out of thread hows you m1tch?:approve: still up for the vid?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
M1TCH said:
yeah if your ever up this way!!!

cant beleive your thinking of selling it!!
im not selling! i know i would never get back wat i spent and id want more than wat i spent! +i love her too much! i should be up soon.how bout fri next week?;)

S13
mk2badboy said:
hi ive got a 1.2 8v 1999 mk2 ph1

which induction kits best works with this engin

which sounds better ect ?

an wot looks the best ?

post any pics please an make sure you put wot it is as well

thanks peps

Those important factors to consider when purchasing an induction kit :D

Golf GTI 1.8T
stevo172-250 said:
im not selling! i know i would never get back wat i spent and id want more than wat i spent! +i love her too much! i should be up soon.how bout fri next week?;)
I'll pm you geeza! we are starting to spam the thread.

mk2badboy i will post a vid of mine for ya. :D

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
ive had both of em in my clio 1.2 8v, to be fair they sound pretty much the same. looks wise i think the pipercross takes it. i have a viper fitted now! and if money is not a problem u might wanna get the viper - it looks amazin!
performance wise you wont get anything, it might feel more responsive but i think its all phsycological (however u spell it)

Hon

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
How easy are the viper's to maintain etc? I used to have a K&N 57i on my old car and within about 4 months it looked s**t as the filter was totally covered in a layer of sticky, muddy, guff

I tried to clean it as per instructions i found on the web but it didn't really work...

B

Golf GTI 1.8T
well this vid aint too good because I was changing gear at about 5k I think which is where it gets even louder but you can kinda hear the k&n lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Neil G said:
Viper looks tacky with all that nasty anodizing going on.

Would be okay in black though.

lol....Was about to say the same thing...it's a 1.2...go for noise.

i reckon the pipercross looks the best, (not including the viper as its a good bit more expensive) and agree with Ali, not much point in hoping for performance gains etc, just get one thats sounds the best"!

193 mk2
as you've got a 1.2, there not gonna give you much, if any increase in power so i'd go for the k&n 57i if i were you m8. plus the k&n will be loader as the filter is open!!!

Renault mk2 phase 1
i did have my mind set on the piper-cross but reading this i think im gonna get the 57i me m8 got the 57i gen2 thou but thy dnt make it 4 my engin