ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k tec carbon bonnet

inferno rs 182
gona get one of these and just wondered how easy they are to fit.
what drilling is required etc, and could i do it myself.
does the bonnet come with threaded studs and simply attech to the arms via nuts?

any replys feedback is much appreciated

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
1) Everything is pre-drilled nearly apart from:

- Had to do washer jets or relocate them
- The little peg that holds the bonnet release
- Bonnet Stay

2) Yes you use your existing bolts to put the bonnet back on

3) I had to sort out some water seal at the back of the engine as the carbon bonnets do not seal up properly! They ALL leak water onto the back of the engine (onto wiring)

4) Id remove the bumper to fit another bonnet. Just so that you can align the bonnet catch etc.... Takes a while to sort out.

MUST have 2 people to handle the bonnet effectivly.

Chocolate Bar™
i thought the latest k-tec ones came pre-drilled for washer jets as an option, and they also had the bonnet stay.
i know that bubbles' carbon bonnet has a bonnet stay and i swear that came from k-tec.

inferno rs 182
hmmm starting to sound like it'd be beyond me. dont want to go and dish 440 notes and make a mess of it

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
i thought the latest k-tec ones came pre-drilled for washer jets as an option, and they also had the bonnet stay.
i know that bubbles' carbon bonnet has a bonnet stay and i swear that came from k-tec.

No she had hers all put on IIRC.

Only the fixing mounts and front latch part are put on there.