ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec coilovers

Fiesta ST-3
No, hottuning, Raceland, TA Technix, K-tec, Rokkor's etc all come out of the same factory.

Congrats on downgrading your suspension.

FLOL troll. On what basis can you confirm he is *down grading his suspension*. If you have had them then you are a hypocrite and if not then you can't comment.

I had them, massive improvement on my standard set up. I wouldn't bother with them if you are going to track your car though.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL troll. On what basis can you confirm he is *down grading his suspension*. If you have had them then you are a hypocrite and if not then you can't comment.

I had them, massive improvement on my standard set up. I wouldn't bother with them if you are going to track your car though.
Finally someone with a brain.

Got them on mine, and as said if you want to go on track then spend some more money. Set them up properly and they will be better than standard suspension. And they aren't too uncomfortable tbh.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I love mine, have them on 2 years now :)
As for comfort - must be something right about them if you can have the arch sitting on the tyre and still have a reasonable ride - especially on Irish roads ;)

I don't track my car, well I haven't since I've had it (2 years), just looking for the car to sit lower and look abit better, if the car rides better aswell then its a bonus!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
For the money they're alright!

If you're doing track days on a regular basis I wouldn't get them, the fronts are way too soft.

I wouldn't call them a downgrade but they're not an upgrade.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Nope, I actually raised it a few months ago lol still want to get the rear up another notch and give the front a tweak again :)

Focus RS + S3
Have them on mine, love them for the £299 i paid in the group buy, they go low as i wanted and could go a lot more on the front, im not a really hard driver but when spirited driving they seem to cope well, people need to remember these are show rather than go coilovers hence their 'budget' tag, in time i will most likely get rid of them for a more performance orienated coilover, but they are filling the gap more than well for me at the moment

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
theyre cheap tat imo, they cost 170 off ebay originally, then ktec started supplying them at double the cost!!
if you can get them at the original ebay price i say go for it, but dont be expecting any massive performance increases!!
and i wouldnt pay 360 for them, look for some better second hand coilivers from KW or such!

i also read somewhere theyve stopped making them!!

R53 Cooper S

Trolling how? by offering my opinion based on my own experiences? and how can i be a hypocrite if they were on the car when i bought it?

Let's be clear, they are not a performance orientated product. They are cheap, poorly made coilovers, with little to no research and development done. They ride is nothing short of awful imo.

They may be fine for pootling to the shops/lapping maccy d's etc but to fit them to a hot hatch well renowned for it's handling is nothing short of retarded.

Each to their own and all that.

R53 Cooper S
Surely there not going to make the handling any worse? Even if it's a little bit better

And how did you come to that conclusion?

Renault did a fantastic job with the chassis, making it a great handler out of the box.

Do you really think £160 coilovers (£70 cost price iirc) with generic dampers and mismatched spring rates are going to make the handling any better?

The cup packed option ones for example give you less camber than standard.

They're for the kiddies who want the l0ws y0!

Eibach sportlines on fresh dampers are far better imo.

260% JCW

Renault did a fantastic job with the chassis, making it a great handler out of the box.

Do you really think £160 coilovers (£70 cost price iirc) with generic dampers and mismatched spring rates are going to make the handling any better?

Couldn't have said it any better my self.... so many people who think they can improve upon Renaults R&D with cheap crap.

Seat Ibiza

I want and will be ordering some sport lines tomorrow, but do they really make that much difference?

I love the way my car handles at the moment, all I have is a whiteline ARB, but needing new springs as I have broke one.

Oh well, like I said I don't track the car and from what I've read and reviews they seem good enough fOr what I want, cheers.